Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 5 Average
HA! Russ Feingold strongly disagrees with Ralph on primary challenge to Obama
09-20-2011, 08:14 PM
HA! Russ Feingold strongly disagrees with Ralph on primary challenge to Obama
"I strongly disagree with Ralph Nader. As I've said many times before, I believe that re-electing President Obama is an absolute imperative for our economy, our judicial system, for progressives and for our country," said former Sen. Russ Feingold, who announced recently that he was not running for Wisconsin's open Senate seat. The Wisconsin Democrat added the following:"

President Obama took office in a time of historic challenge for the country. He passed the Recovery Act to bring our economy back from the brink, implemented historic health insurance reform to make health care more affordable and accessible, repealed the discriminatory Don't Ask Don't Tell policy, and rejected the conventional wisdom in Washington to offer a life-saving loan to the auto industry, saving 1.4 million jobs.

"Now, facing Republican candidates that are bought-and-sold by corporate money, and who want to give more tax breaks to the wealthiest and attack the rights of working Americans, the President is fighting to create jobs and provide economic security for middle class families. 2012 will be a close and competitive election, and in an environment after the lawless Citizens United decision, where corporate special interests will be out there fighting for Mitt Romney and Rick Perry, progressives must unite to ensure that the President is reelected."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/09/20...72288.html

I could only find this from Sam Stein on huff.

Thanks to ThePeoplesView for the heads up and Deaniac's piece on the disingenuous nader and west.

Quote:Could ignorance be the reason why Nader and West are doing this? I don't think so. Ralph Nader, who's still selling himself as a consumer advocate for having done something good decades ago cannot possibly be ignorant about the fact that the President signed into law the nation's first ever federal agency dedicated to protecting consumers, can he? He can't possibly not know that the massive reforms the president has instituted can all be categorized under consumer protection - whether we are talking about insurance regulations in health care reform, the most significant banking regulations since the 1930s in Wall Street reform, credit card reform, or student loan reform - can he?

Could Cornel West, Mr. Poverty Tour, be simply ignorant of the fact that the president instituted the largest expansion of health care for poor children (SCHIP), that health reform will massively expand Medicaid, giving all people - including childless adults - in poverty access to it (up to 133% of poverty, and states would be able to expand it further with additional federal funds), that this president has extended unemployment insurance over and over again, that this president has protected programs for the poor from the debt ceiling deal?

http://www.thepeoplesview.net/2011/09/i-...k-out.html

"Democracy Is Not A Spectator Sport. The Future Is Ours If We Actively Participate In Shaping It" Flag
John Harder~http://zerowastekauai.org/index.html
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply Return to top

Messages In This Thread
[*]
09-20-2011, 09:28 PM
RE: HA! Russ Feingold strongly disagrees with Ralph on primary challenge to Obama
Well good for Feingold. That will make the PL's little heads hurt. And he's right on this, there should be no primary.

Thanks for this Cha, I can see where it may be very useful.

[Image: haironfire.jpg]
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil
is for good men to do nothing. ~Burke
09-20-2011, 09:48 PM
RE: HA! Russ Feingold strongly disagrees with Ralph on primary challenge to Obama
(09-20-2011 09:28 PM)jaxx Wrote:  Well good for Feingold. That will make the PL's little heads hurt. And he's right on this, there should be no primary.

Thanks for this Cha, I can see where it may be very useful.
You're Welcome! Smile There should be no primary especially for the disingenuous reasons that Nader and West come up with. Deaniac did a very research project on that particular subject and Russ Feingold came up with some good reasons himself.

But, like the whiny pl Nader and West aren't doing it for the country..they're doing for THEMSELVES.

"Democracy Is Not A Spectator Sport. The Future Is Ours If We Actively Participate In Shaping It" Flag
John Harder~http://zerowastekauai.org/index.html
09-21-2011, 12:26 AM
thank you for all of that, Cha! about time, Feingold! and that excellent quote on nader and west!

[Image: signature.php?uid=16]
09-21-2011, 10:13 AM
Too bad about Feingold not running for Senate. He would have won in a Presidential election year and he would have retained his seniority.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-21-2011, 11:50 AM
Oh dear! Death match between two of the frustrati's golden calves! Thunderdome!! Two go in, one comes out!!!

Jerry

To prepare for when your life flashes before your eyes, make sure it's fun to watch.

Runningamok
09-21-2011, 12:48 PM
Let's face it. Many Nader worshippers aren't Democrats. That's why every 4 years they like to trot him out to torment actual Democrats. Those worshippers know Nader cost Gore the election in 2000. And they revel in rubbing our noses in that offal.

And if ol' Ralphie can keep President Obama from being re-elected they'd love that too. Ever notice the Nader worshippers are the ones most likely to despise Obama. No coincidence that.

"I give thanks for this perfect day. Miracle will follow miracle and wonders will never cease."

“Christmas isn't just a day. It's a frame of mind.”
09-21-2011, 01:00 PM
I didn't think Nader was a Democrat but his supporters think he is. He's a divider, an indie at the best.

[Image: haironfire.jpg]
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil
is for good men to do nothing. ~Burke