Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Standard & Poor's CEO Gives $$$ to Romney, Bush, GOP Party
08-10-2011, 10:26 AM
Standard & Poor's CEO Gives $$$ to Romney, Bush, GOP Party
Quote:I did some checking this afternoon on the Federal Election Commission's database of financial contributors to political candidates. Within minutes I found that Harold W. McGraw III, the Chairman, President, and CEO of Standard & Poor's parent company, is a big money contributor to lots of Republicans.

Repeat recipients of McGraw's largess include Mitt Romney, George W. Bush, the National Republican Congressional Committee, the National Republican Senatorial Committee, something called the Bush-Cheney Compliance Committee, and many more Republicans. He primarily gives his big money donations to PACs and Republicans, although a few Democrats have benefited as well. He has never given any money to the Obama campaign nor any to the Democratic Party.

Gee, how convenient. Standard and Poor's issues a politically biased rating with a $2 trillion error. Republicans wave that rating around like Moses just brought it down from the mountain as verification of their defamation about the Obama presidency. And the head of the company making those ratings happens to give money to the likes of Mitt Romney and the Republican Party.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2011/08/08...siderecent

“Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do.”

Benjamin Franklin
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply Return to top

Messages In This Thread
[*]
08-10-2011, 10:32 AM
RE: Standard & Poor's CEO Gives $$$ to Romney, Bush, GOP Party
Cozy aren't they? It's outrageous.

[Image: haironfire.jpg]
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil
is for good men to do nothing. ~Burke
08-10-2011, 10:43 AM
Makes sense. If this comes as a shock to anyone, he or she must live in one of the more rural portions of Malawi.

"Believe those who seek the truth. Doubt those who find it."--André Gide
08-10-2011, 10:52 AM
It also explains why one of the S&P guys in an interview completely avoided the issue of tax increased which they specifically mentions and specifically laid at the feet of the republicans in the announcement of the downgrade.
08-10-2011, 10:56 AM
Nothing to see here, move along, move along.

The Republican plan all along has been to crash the economy on Obama's watch, we know it, but most voters are clueless about that little bit of domestic terrorism.

[Image: DFP_logo.PNG] "This Is A Big Fuckin' Deal."
08-10-2011, 11:47 AM
I am confused. The write up I read from S&P telling the world why the downgraded the US, was far from complimentary of the Right?

FDR, "The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little."
08-11-2011, 05:44 AM
(08-10-2011 11:47 AM)Sheepshank Wrote:  I am confused. The write up I read from S&P telling the world why the downgraded the US, was far from complimentary of the Right?

It pretty much named the refusal to negotiate on taxes as the principle reason for the downgrade as well as intransigence in politics. That is the bagger-right. Of course there is a rift in the republicans between the right wing and bagger-right (or, more properly, the astro-turfers behind them).

But if you look at public statements by the people in direct charge of the downgrade -- on faux no less -- nary a word is mentioned about taxes.
08-10-2011, 10:55 PM
It's so weird to me..because they give the cause as the repubs in Congress but perhaps they figured the US corporatemedia would hide that anyway..like they did, including "pol-i-ti-co". Lookin' at you, Mike Allen.

"Democracy Is Not A Spectator Sport. The Future Is Ours If We Actively Participate In Shaping It" Flag
John Harder~http://zerowastekauai.org/index.html
08-11-2011, 03:24 AM
thank you for posting that, NJMaverick.

wow, ah?

[Image: signature.php?uid=16]
08-11-2011, 01:54 PM
They were probably trying to cover for their political motives regarding the downgrade, by tossing in the refusal to raise taxes etc. into their stated rationale.

They should be investigated.