Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
Historian Douglas Brinkley Calls For NBC To Dump Trump, Sponsors to Pull Ads
04-27-2011, 03:57 PM
Historian Douglas Brinkley Calls For NBC To Dump Trump, Sponsors to Pull Ads
Moments ago on CNN, acclaimed historian and author Douglas Brinkley pinned the blame for the reemergence of birtherism on NBC Entertainment for giving real estate mogul Donald Trump a primetime platform. Brinkley called on NBC to immediately drop Trump’s show, The Apprentice, from its lineup. If NBC decides to keep Trump on the air, Brinkley called on corporate sponsors to pull their ads or face a massive consumer boycotts:

We don’t have to blame “the media” for dealing with this issue. We have to blame NBC Entertainment. They need to dump Trump from his primetime news show. He’s a poison toad on the airwaves. What corporate sponsor is going to be buying ad time for Donald Trump’s show. Any company that goes into Trump and is willing to pay is going to find consumer boycott like they’ve never seen before. If you are going to do what Trump did and go after the President of the United States in such a grotesque and disingenuous way you better cough up the goods. Today the Obama administration has shown what a charlatan Donald Trump really is.

http://thinkprogress.org/2011/04/27/brin...ump-trump/

To contact NBC, click here: http://www.nbc.com/contact/general/
(It's interesting that Trump's show is not even listed in the pulldown menu on NBC's contact page. I chose "other" and put Trumps name in the subject title and let NBC know as long as Trump is employed by NBC, I won't be watching NBC!)

"Understand that the more deeply you hold your ideals,
the more you are morally obligated to be pragmatic...Idealism without pragmatism
is just a way to flatter your ego." -Barney Frank
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply Return to top

Messages In This Thread
[*]
04-27-2011, 04:11 PM
RE: Historian Douglas Brinkley Calls For NBC To Dump Trump, Sponsors to Pull Ads
Trump is such a joke. It's no wonder his stock is declining!

"Change will not come if we wait for some other person or some other time. We are the ones we've been waiting for. We are the change that we seek." Barack Obama

Is féidir linn.
04-27-2011, 05:02 PM
RE: Historian Douglas Brinkley Calls For NBC To Dump Trump, Sponsors to Pull Ads
"A poisonous toad"..how descriptive! Thank you, Douglas Brinkley!

ExtremeLiberal is call for boycotting all NBC shows and and their sponsors.
http://extremeliberal.wordpress.com/2011...mment-3440

"Democracy Is Not A Spectator Sport. The Future Is Ours If We Actively Participate In Shaping It" Flag
John Harder~http://zerowastekauai.org/index.html
04-27-2011, 06:03 PM
(04-27-2011 05:02 PM)Cha Wrote:  "A poisonous toad"..how descriptive! Thank you, Douglas Brinkley!

Great! I linked his post to Facebook. Trump needs to feel some repercussions for his lies and hate!

the more you are morally obligated to be pragmatic...Idealism without pragmatism
04-27-2011, 09:05 PM
(04-27-2011 06:03 PM)PoliticalTiger Wrote:  
(04-27-2011 05:02 PM)Cha Wrote:  "A poisonous toad"..how descriptive! Thank you, Douglas Brinkley!

Great! I linked his post to Facebook. Trump needs to feel some repercussions for his lies and hate!
Thank you, PT! I want nothing more than Trump to feel the pain that his big ugly racist mouth has brought down on him.

"Democracy Is Not A Spectator Sport. The Future Is Ours If We Actively Participate In Shaping It" Flag
John Harder~http://zerowastekauai.org/index.html
04-27-2011, 09:15 PM (This post was last modified: 04-27-2011 09:16 PM by Hekate.)
Thanks for the NBC link. I left them this comment:

"Other"
Why are you giving cover to Donald Trump in his racist attacks on the President?

Trump has always been a buffoon, but of late he has revealed himself to be a racist buffoon. Shown proof positive of the President's American citizenship, he said he was "proud" of himself and immediately moved on to question how President Obama could have been admitted to Harvard, claiming he'd read somewhere that Obama had been a bad student. To back up his implied "only because of Affirmative Action" claim he then said he knew kids from rich families who had been denied entry to prestigious universities and demanded to know again how it was that Obama was admitted.

This is the most blatant race-baiting I have heard in many a year from someone who claims to aspire to national politics.

When questioned this morning in New Hampshire about when or if he would announce a presidential bid, Trump coyly said he had a contractual obligation to NBC for his show, and couldn't possibly announce anything until after May 22, because he simply didn't know if he'd be renewed.

You can just imagine the cogs turning in what passes for Trump's brain: "US Presidential bid or The Apprentice? hmmm, decisions, decisions."

As Lawrence O'Donnell said this evening on MSNBC, NBC's entertainment division already knows which shows are going to make the lineup and which are not.

Please do us all a favor and make public the information Trump won't -- hopefully including the tag line: "You're Fired."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it's the only thing that ever does. ~Margaret Mead~
04-27-2011, 09:21 PM
(04-27-2011 09:15 PM)Hekate Wrote:  Thanks for the NBC link. I left them this comment:

"Other"
Why are you giving cover to Donald Trump in his racist attacks on the President?

Trump has always been a buffoon, but of late he has revealed himself to be a racist buffoon. Shown proof positive of the President's American citizenship, he said he was "proud" of himself and immediately moved on to question how President Obama could have been admitted to Harvard, claiming he'd read somewhere that Obama had been a bad student. To back up his implied "only because of Affirmative Action" claim he then said he knew kids from rich families who had been denied entry to prestigious universities and demanded to know again how it was that Obama was admitted.

This is the most blatant race-baiting I have heard in many a year from someone who claims to aspire to national politics.

When questioned this morning in New Hampshire about when or if he would announce a presidential bid, Trump coyly said he had a contractual obligation to NBC for his show, and couldn't possibly announce anything until after May 22, because he simply didn't know if he'd be renewed.

You can just imagine the cogs turning in what passes for Trump's brain: "US Presidential bid or The Apprentice? hmmm, decisions, decisions."

As Lawrence O'Donnell said this evening on MSNBC, NBC's entertainment division already knows which shows are going to make the lineup and which are not.

Please do us all a favor and make public the information Trump won't -- hopefully including the tag line: "You're Fired."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Excellent email to NBC, Hekate. I think I'll send my own, and I hope a lot of people do. That man is a disgusting pile of racist crap.

Silence is consent.
04-27-2011, 09:31 PM (This post was last modified: 04-27-2011 09:31 PM by SeattleGirl.)
Okay, here's the email I just sent to NBC. I don't think it's as good as Hekate's, but I sent it anyway:

Donald Trump's actions of late have been, to put it mildly, outrageous. He isn't even masking his racism toward President Obama. Why NBC, a respected network in this country, would continue having him, in the form of his show "The Apprentice," on the air is beyond me.

Is the money you get from his sponsors so important that you would keep this man on the air? This man who questions the citizenship of the President of the United States, and now is questioning whether he should have gotten into the colleges he attended, because Trump's rich buddy's kids didn't all get to go to those schools?

Please. It's been verified again and again and again that President Obama was born in Hawaii, after it became a state, so this should not be an issue any longer Neither should his academic career. He was president of the Harvard Law Review, and you don't get that position based on tokenism, as Mr. Trump seems to be implying.

Please, give him a send-off by telling him, "You're fired!"

Silence is consent.
04-28-2011, 03:29 AM
z-Thumbsup RE: Historian Douglas Brinkley Calls For NBC To Dump Trump, Sponsors to Pull Ads
this is great! especially that everyone is writing to NBC!
i am finding the contact page is not opening. maybe too many on it right now Shrug

it just opened. writing them now.

thank you for posting this, PoliticalTiger!
thank you, all, for great comments!

[Image: signature.php?uid=16]
04-29-2011, 01:53 AM
Great comments to NBC everybody! I got the standard "Thanks for your email. NBC values your comments, but unfortunately, due to the volume of emails we receive, we cannot respond to each one" reply from NBC but I am sure they are feeling the heat!