Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Trump: 'I am not a racist'
01-15-2018, 07:56 AM
Trump: 'I am not a racist'
http://www.cnn.com/2018/01/14/politics/d...index.html

From the article:
Quote:President Donald Trump defended himself Sunday night after several days of controversy over his remarks about African countries, telling reporters, "I am not a racist."

In remarks to reporters at a dinner photo opportunity with House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy in West Palm Beach, Florida, Trump said when asked if he is a racist, "No, I'm not a racist. I am the least racist person you have ever interviewed."

The President has drawn sharp criticism since he was reported to have called African countries "shitholes" while discussing immigration with lawmakers Thursday.

Democrats have been demanding protections for recipients of the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program in exchange for border security funding that could include money for Trump's promised border wall, but those talks reached an impasse after the President's recent remarks. Congress is grappling with the issue as they negotiate over a spending bill they need to pass by Friday to avoid a government shutdown.

For too many in the majority, race is that nebulous issue that only POC have to deal with. In addition, they aren't supposed to inconvenience the majority with their petty problems. Pull your pants up, turn down that awful music, obey the police, and get a job! is the answer. Except, that doesn't always work.

Also, racists are "bad" people. Everyone is supposed to be equal, but as long as the majority remains more equal than "those people". A black people saying: In the North, they don't want you too close. In the South, they don't want you too far ahead.

No one is going to admit being a racist, except maybe the KKK and the other white-supremacist domestic terrorist groups, but no one wants to admit knowing any of them. That's company no one wants to keep.

Trump is a racist. His past and present actions have proven that, regardless of the cover that his fellow repubs are trying to provide...again. The GOP has been the white nationalist party for decades, regardless of the few elected people of color they allow.

The problem with maintaining the white-normative racist social caste system is that it requires forced and willful ignorance and intellectual dishonesty. It's the shock in Trump's face when he learned that white people are the majority of people on public assistance. It's the duplicity of Big Corp that want H1B visas to ship in high-tech workers because they can pay them less while saying that there aren't enough available trainable workers in the US. It's the calls for diversity in political candidates, then refusing to vote for candidates of color because they don't have the needed experience. The examples go on and on.

The problem is not that Trump is a racist. Trump is a symptom of the system beginning to implode the whole social and economic structure because too many don't want to come into the 21st Century. It's too late, make America all white again is history.

Conservatism (n.), the irrational fear that somewhere someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply Return to top

Messages In This Thread
Trump: 'I am not a racist' #1 - Brewman_Jax - 01-15-2018, 07:56 AM
RE: Trump: 'I am not a racist' #2 - jaxx - 01-15-2018, 10:50 AM
[*]
01-15-2018, 10:50 AM
RE: Trump: 'I am not a racist'
DT lies about everything, he's lying about this too.

#NMP
My President is Barack Obama.
#TheResistance
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply Return to top