Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Steve Bannon Is Self-Immolating Before Our Very Eyes
12-14-2017, 11:15 AM
Steve Bannon Is Self-Immolating Before Our Very Eyes
https://www.alternet.org/news-amp-politi...-very-eyes

From the article:
Quote:Steve Bannon, we’re told, is a “street fighter.” That’s what Bannon told us, anyway, when he went on 60 Minutes earlier this year shortly after his brief tenure in the Trump administration came to an end. “I think I’m a street fighter,” Bannon said, adding that he was also going to be President Donald Trump’s “wingman outside for the entire time.” And as the president’s street-fighting outside wingman, Bannon said he and Breitbart.com were going to protect the administration. “Our purpose is to support Donald Trump,” he explained, and “to make sure his enemies know that there’s no free shot on goal.”

Already we’re lost in lazy metaphors here, but if we apply each discrete self-applied sobriquet to Bannon and his role in the Alabama special Senate election, we find that the “street fighter” got KOed, the “wingman” got Goosed, and the keeper notched a spectacular own goal.

Democrat Doug Jones narrowly defeated Republican Roy Moore to take over the seat vacated by Attorney General Jeff Sessions earlier this year, and Jones’ upset victory was a stinging slap for Bannon and his Breitbart lackeys. Moore’s candidacy was an obvious disaster from the start -- he is a howling extremist, virulently anti-gay, and he’d twice been booted off the state supreme court for refusing to adhere to higher court rulings. But for Bannon, this unstable and politically toxic yahoo was precisely the sort of “populist” candidate who could be counted on to support Trump’s (and Bannon’s) agenda.

Bannon had such faith in Moore that he broke with Trump, who endorsed incumbent Sen. Luther Strange in the Republican primary, and hit the campaign trail on Moore’s behalf. “I think Roy Moore is the guy that's going to represent Donald Trump and fight the establishment,” Bannon told Sean Hannity in September.

Like Trump, Bannon is an over-rated opportunist, far from a genius. For them to back a sorry excuse for a candidate like Roy Moore, and shame on Alabama for not sending his sorry ass into political retirement.

Race has been the southern strategy of the GOP for years. It's easy to distract and make white America over stereotyped falsehoods and lies rather than actually come up with ideas that will help EVERYONE, not just the Top 1%. I shouldn't complain, the plan has worked for the past 150+ years, there must be something to it.

Hopefully, we're coming to the point where tribalism will fade away and the welfare of the country will matter more than trying to hurt "those people".

Conservatism (n.), the irrational fear that somewhere someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply Return to top

Messages In This Thread
[*]
12-14-2017, 01:05 PM
RE: Steve Bannon Is Self-Immolating Before Our Very Eyes
Somebody pour gas on him! Smile

#NMP
My President is Barack Obama.
#TheResistance
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply Return to top