Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Sexism Antidote: Democrats Should Commit to an All-Woman Ticket in 2020
11-20-2017, 09:46 AM
Sexism Antidote: Democrats Should Commit to an All-Woman Ticket in 2020
https://www.alternet.org/trump-trauma/de...-right-now

From the article:
Quote:The Democratic Party should embrace an all-female ticket and a platform centered around health care, income equality, diplomacy, humility and human rights—right now.

Should the best man win? That is not the right question. Are there women in the Democratic Party who can do a better job than Donald Trump? That’s the right question.

Gilibrand and Oprah, Warren and Harris, hell, Michelle and Hillary, I don’t give a damn. There are 100 women… scratch that, there are 1,000 women... scratch that, there are a million women who could do a better job than Trump and the Republicans in running this country. Let’s pick two.

Let’s break the glass ceiling and banish the louts once and for all.

Nice idea, but, as the last election showed, the patriarchal white-normative racist social caste system is not ready to give up power. Trump is the ONLY President with NO prior military or political experience. Even the previous worst Presidents (Reagan and WBush*) were state governors. Too many in the majority were willing to listen to Trump's nasty campaign and believe how downtrodden and discriminated against by "those people", regardless of actual facts. (For starters, when you have a 6x population majority over "those people", that shows delusion, not discrimination.)

PBO, then candidate, ran a brilliant all-inclusive campaign that took great care not to raise white people's hackles. Then, as President, he was very gentile and conciliatory in reach out to repubs, even as they screamed and spat in his face. He reached out so regularly, to the point that he made black people angry. The repubs were so afraid and angry that he would become "the black people's President" that the repubs fought him tooth and nail on EVERYTHING.

Clinton would have made an excellent successor, but she was the object of RW-hate for 20+ years because she wasn't be the traditional First Lady, but co-President...start the RW gasps and pearl-clutching. She won the popular vote, but that does not count in our political system, and it's good that Trump is still pissed about it. heh

However, the election of President Trump, and the ill-treatment of PBO, has shown that this society is not ready to be lead by any members of the servant class. The suggestion of an all-woman democratic Presidential ticket is as fanciful as everyone "mixing together" to end racism, regardless of actual facts. (BTW, 85% of romantic relationships are between members of the same demographic group.) Rather than these pie-in-the-sky TV plots, there are factual things that can be done. Repeal voter suppression laws and policies, end district gerrymandering, esp. those with help with science (see the WI gerrymandering case), get improved voting machines with paper records, go to proportional voting for Presidential campaigns. I'm sure there are other things to do, but that's just some of the more obvious ones.

Conservatism (n.), the irrational fear that somewhere someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply Return to top

Messages In This Thread
[*]
11-20-2017, 11:33 AM
RE: Sexism Antidote: Democrats Should Commit to an All-Woman Ticket in 2020
I don't think that as a country we are there yet for a 2 women ticket. i'd like it but I'm a very liberal woman.

#NMP
My President is Barack Obama.
#TheResistance
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply Return to top