Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Crews cleaning up Keystone Pipeline leak in Marshall County
11-18-2017, 06:47 AM
Crews cleaning up Keystone Pipeline leak in Marshall County
http://www.ksfy.com/content/news/Crews-c...46943.html

From the article:
Quote:Brian Walsh with the Department of Environment and Natural Resources tells KSFY News they were alerted to the leak at 10:30 a.m. Thursday morning by TransCanada.

The leak was in the Keystone Pipeline located in an agricultural area in Marshall County. There have been no reports of the oil entering any waterways or water systems at this time.

Walsh said 5,000 barrels of oil have leaked, and at 42 gallons a barrel, that totals 210,000 gallons of oil.

I've seen the damage that crude oil can do to the environment when it goes where it isn't supposed to. I've seen the damage done in Alaska after the Exxon Valdez oil spill. The oil companies are not as prepared as they think they are.

The protesters in the area fought and filed lawsuits to stop this from happening. The greedy capitalists got their way. Now, they have a PR nightmare. Bad press is one of the few things that keep CEO's and senior execs up at night. Too bad, they can deal with it.

Conservatism (n.), the irrational fear that somewhere someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply Return to top

Messages In This Thread
[*]
11-18-2017, 12:21 PM
RE: Crews cleaning up Keystone Pipeline leak in Marshall County
I learned on twitter yesterday that it is affecting the reservation in S.Dakota...you remember them camping for weeks, months and being attacked by dogs and water hoses brought in by that damned oil co to go through private Native Americans lands. The whole pipeline has sprung leaks across states it runs through. Nebraska should vote NO to KXL on it's access as it goes through an aquifer.

#NMP
My President is Barack Obama.
#TheResistance
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply Return to top