Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Police mistook hibiscus plants for marijuana, arrested Buffalo Township couple...
11-17-2017, 11:09 AM
Police mistook hibiscus plants for marijuana, arrested Buffalo Township couple...
Police mistook hibiscus plants for marijuana, arrested Buffalo Township couple, suit claims

http://triblive.com/local/valleynewsdisp...uit-claims

From the article:
Quote:A Buffalo Township couple is suing the township police and the Nationwide Insurance Co. after, their lawsuit says, hibiscus plants growing in their backyard were mistaken for marijuana plants.

In a lawsuit, Edward Cramer, 69, and his wife, Audrey Cramer, 66, claim that Buffalo Township police handcuffed them both and made them sit in the back of a police car for hours last month as police ransacked their house looking for marijuana.

But rather than running a pot-growing operation, the Cramers say they grow flowering hibiscus in their backyard.

The Cramers were not charged.

Another reason to end the "war" on drugs. The police were just being abusive to POC, now that is promulgating to the rest of the population. Add the fact that they can't tell the difference between a hibiscus plant and marijuana plant, so EVERYTHING is marijuana. It's sad that the police felt obligated to abuse a mature couple. I hope they get a VERY good settlement.

Conservatism (n.), the irrational fear that somewhere someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply Return to top

Messages In This Thread
[*]
11-17-2017, 01:41 PM
RE: Police mistook hibiscus plants for marijuana, arrested Buffalo Township couple...
Gawd, what next? I hope they win the lawsuit...terrible treatment of not really suspects. Police are out of control, and these were stupid too.

#NMP
My President is Barack Obama.
#TheResistance
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply Return to top