Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
These Are 3 of the Most Dangerous Opponents of Universal Healthcare
09-25-2017, 07:08 AM
These Are 3 of the Most Dangerous Opponents of Universal Healthcare
http://www.alternet.org/news-amp-politic...healthcare

From the article:
Quote:With momentum building for single-payer healthcare among Democratic voters and a growing number of 2020 hopefuls, Sen. Bernie Sanders unveiled a “Medicare for All” bill last week. Immediately, a number of pundits denounced the legislation as an “unrealistic” “bloated” “disaster” full of “magic math.”

Some of the naysayers are conservatives who simply abhor “big government.” Some have perfectly valid reasons to question the merits of single payer in general or Sanders’ methods in particular. Yet others claim they support universal healthcare in theory (one day, perhaps) but cannot do so now because of a “concern.” They are “concern trolls” — broadly defined as “a person who disingenuously expresses concern about an issue with the intention of undermining or derailing genuine discussion.”

The three are: The nuance troll: ‘We need more details!’, The deficit troll: ‘How do you pay for it?’, and The feasibility troll: ‘What about the GOP?’

There's money available, but we're too willing to spend it on bombs, bullets, and prison bars, and not on bread, books, and beds.

Conservatism (n.), the irrational fear that somewhere someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply Return to top

Messages In This Thread
[*]
09-25-2017, 10:07 AM
RE: These Are 3 of the Most Dangerous Opponents of Universal Healthcare
I'm evidently a nuance troll but Bern put out a rough plan with no real details. To put it bluntly, I don't trust his motives. He sat on his ass for 30+ years on the hill and now thinks he's the great solution.

#NMP
My President is Barack Obama.
#TheResistance
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply Return to top