Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
6 States Have Tried to Enact Protections for Drivers Who Run Over Protesters ...
08-21-2017, 08:38 AM
6 States Have Tried to Enact Protections for Drivers Who Run Over Protesters ...
6 States Have Tried to Enact Protections for Drivers Who Run Over Protesters ... Many With the Exact Same Language

http://www.theroot.com/6-states-have-tri...1798052139

From the article:
Quote:Black people are paranoid, because to be black in America can feel like having a bullseye on your back. That, and Tuskeegee, Cointelpro, segregation, gentrification, piss-poor education, mass incarceration—all of the shuns.

And so when CNN reported that no less than six states— North Dakota, North Carolina, Florida, Tennessee, Texas and Rhode Island—have tried to enact protections for drivers who run over protesters, many with “nearly identical” language, even those of us who know what time it is were taken aback by the actions of what my parents used to call “the man.”

Purportedly because demonstrations inconvenience real Americans from the reality of black people dying, or in the case of North Dakota and the Dakota Access pipeline, big businesses from destroying sacred grounds, these bills would offer protections for drivers who cause injury or death to protesters.

Many of the bills were introduced after specific demonstrations or actions; many also contain language saying that the driver’s liability hinges on if the protesters have a permit for such demonstrations.

It's almost the "stand your ground" law, but in your car. Shocked

I shouldn't be shocked the most of these RW free-speech absolutists don't mind making free speech illegal for those, i.e., the political left, they don't agree with. Now, they want to make it dangerous. Watch them scream bloody murder if some RW scum tries that, and someone on the political left exercises their 2nd Amendment rights and right of self-defense and dispatches that driver.

I hope that they don't want to go there. Hiding

Conservatism (n.), the irrational fear that somewhere someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply Return to top

Messages In This Thread
[*]
08-21-2017, 10:16 AM
RE: 6 States Have Tried to Enact Protections for Drivers Who Run Over Protesters ...
That smacks of ALEC sending bills to the states for enactment. It gives permission to run people down...sorta like DT telling his crowd he'll pay the lawyers for them if they rough them up. Indescribable mayhem on a rightwing platter.

#NMP
My President is Barack Obama.
#TheResistance
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply Return to top