Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Sunday Talks for 3/19/17
03-19-2017, 08:05 AM
Sunday Talks for 3/19/17
Read the full article on the blog.
STlogo
This week's low light (among many -- hey, we're talking about the Dumpster) was the meeting between German Chancellor Angela Merkel and Cheeto Boy. First, he refused to shake her hand at an Oval Office photo op. What, is he afraid his tiny little hands would be swallowed up by Merkel's normal sized ones?

Then, at the presser, Cheeto Boy once again claimed that he had been "wire tapped" and that he knew he had that in common with Merkel. That drew a look from Merkel that pretty much said, "Are you crazy?" The look also reflected what I imagine is the look on many a U.S. citizen's face.

Oh, and one more thing: he's back on his kick about how countries belonging to NATO need to "pay up" in order to continue to expect other NATO nations to come to their aid in a time of need. To borrow from a commercial from a couple of years ago, "That's not how this works. That's not how any of this works!"

That can also be said about the Republican;s "new and improved" health care bill, as well as Trump's proposed budget. I see that White House budget director Mick Mulvaney will be on several of the shows, probably to continue to claim that Meals on Wheels and as well as providing lunches for school kids who otherwise wouldn't get a meal during the say, is a great way to cut spending by the Federal government. Hey, douchebag, who about telling your boss to stop going to Mar-a-Lago every damned weekend,m and to bring his wife and son to live in the White House. That would save a lot more money than snatching food from the mouths of the elderly and school children!

The weekly talkies:

ABC's "This Week" -Health and Human Services Secretary Tom Price; Sen. Rand Paul, R-Ky.; Reps. Joaquin Castro, D-Texas, and Will Hurd, R-Texas.

---

CBS' "Face the Nation" - White House budget director Mick Mulvaney; House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif.; Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas.

---

NBC's "Meet the Press" - Mulvaney; Rep. Adam Schiff, D-Calif., ranking member of the House intelligence committee.

---

CNN's "State of the Union" - Price; Sen. Tom Cotton, R-Ark.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply Return to top

Messages In This Thread
Sunday Talks for 3/19/17 #1 - SeattleGirl - 03-19-2017, 08:05 AM
RE: Sunday Talks for 3/19/17 #2 - jaxx - 03-19-2017, 12:41 PM
[*]
03-19-2017, 12:41 PM
RE: Sunday Talks for 3/19/17
Thanks SG. I have a late start to the day and know no news. Ugh

#NMP
My President is Barack Obama.
#TheResistance