Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
‘They friends of yours?’: Trump asks black reporter to set up meeting with...
02-17-2017, 07:13 AM
‘They friends of yours?’: Trump asks black reporter to set up meeting with...
‘They friends of yours?’: Trump asks black reporter to set up meeting with Black Caucus

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/poli...b4cdd3e21e

From the article:
Quote:Over the course of the lengthy and bizarre news conference that President Trump held Thursday, few moments crystallized the unusual nature of his presidency as effectively as an exchange he had at the end with April Ryan of American Urban Radio Networks.

Ryan asked Trump if he would include the CBC in discussions about his agenda for addressing urban policy. The CBC, for those unaware, is the Congressional Black Caucus, a group of African American legislators that is often a leading voice on the Hill for issues dealing with the black community. Trump appeared briefly to be unaware of what the initials stood for, and so Ryan asked more pointedly.

“Am I going to include who?” he asked.

“Are you going to include the Congressional Black Caucus,” Ryan, who is black, asked, “and the Congressional Hispanic Caucus as well as …?”

“Well, I would,” Trump interrupted. “Tell you what, do you want to set up the meeting? Do you want to set up the meeting? Are they friends of yours? Set up a meeting.”

Ryan pointed out to the president that she is a journalist and that, while she does know members of the CBC, that’s not her role. “I’m sure some of them are watching right now,” she added.

No, Mr. Trump (and the rest of white America), all black people do not know each other and no, we all don't look alike. (it is annoying when people can't tell the difference between a 6'4" linebacker-sized black guy dressed in red and a 5'9" soccer player-sized black guy dressed in blue.) Besides, Trump has such a great relationship with "the blacks" so he should have the Congressional Black Caucus on speed-dial. Instead, Trump shows his racist tendencies and ignorance, again. Rolleyes

Conservatism (n.), the irrational fear that somewhere someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply Return to top

Messages In This Thread
[*]
02-17-2017, 09:26 AM
RE: ‘They friends of yours?’: Trump asks black reporter to set up meeting with...
April Ryan handled that so well. DT made a fool of himself with his blathering after he'd just lied about Cummings. Are they friends of yours? I'm sure the groans of the press were suppressed on that one, but it made the 11th Hour where Robinson said too...if they're black they must be your friends! It was offensive.

#NMP
My President is Barack Obama.
#TheResistance
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply Return to top