Fox News' Bret Baier announced Wednesday that his network is suspending its contracts with two paid contributors, Newt Gingrich and Rick Santorum, as they consider a run for the Republican presidential nomination.
Both Gingrich and Santorum are widely expected to seek the nomination. Fox News has said that if and when any of its contributors and personalities enter the race they will lose their contract with the network.
"The suspension is effective for 60 days, then on May 1st, their contracts will be terminated unless they notify Fox they are not running for president," Baier said on the air Wednesday, according to TV Newser. He added that the move "had been contemplated from the start, from the very beginning."