Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
FL. GOP Rep. Radel Caught with Cocaine
11-19-2013, 03:47 PM
FL. GOP Rep. Radel Caught with Cocaine
From Politico

Quote:Rep. Trey Radel, a freshman Republican from Florida, was arrested on Oct. 29 for possession of cocaine in the District of Columbia, according to D.C. Superior Court documents.
[....]
The Florida Republican is a former journalist, TV anchor and radio talk-show host. He never held elective office before winning his House seat last November.
Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2013/11/tr...z2l896LGz7

I wonder if he kept his stash in his teabags? He is due in court Wednesday.

GOTV in 2014
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply Return to top

Messages In This Thread
[*]
11-19-2013, 04:29 PM
RE: FL. GOP Rep. Radel Caught with Cocaine
Another family values Republican.

"Change will not come if we wait for some other person or some other time. We are the ones we've been waiting for. We are the change that we seek." Barack Obama

Is féidir linn.
11-19-2013, 04:34 PM
Was wondering who the real-life version of House of Cards' Peter Russo would turn out to be. Looks like Radel wins the prize.
11-20-2013, 05:43 AM (This post was last modified: 11-20-2013 05:50 AM by PoliticalTiger.)
Another hypocrite who voted yes to require applicants for SNAP be drug tested while he's shoveling cocaine up his nose!

[Image: 1476056_695986480413118_1988105469_n.jpg]

"Understand that the more deeply you hold your ideals,
the more you are morally obligated to be pragmatic...Idealism without pragmatism
is just a way to flatter your ego." -Barney Frank
11-20-2013, 11:21 AM
As usual, it's IOKIYAR. The silence will be deafening from his GOP colleagues to condemn his actions while they pass drug testing and sentencing laws for the rest of us. Rolleyes
11-21-2013, 08:13 AM
(11-20-2013 11:21 AM)Brewman_Jax Wrote:  As usual, it's IOKIYAR. The silence will be deafening from his GOP colleagues to condemn his actions while they pass drug testing and sentencing laws for the rest of us. Rolleyes

Heard about his "sentence" and leave of absence. He should resign immediately! I wonder if his constituents are as outraged as the rest of us are. If they aren't, why not? If he is that incapable of doing the job, he should be removed from office if he doesn't resign.
11-20-2013, 12:00 PM
Move over Rob Ford, you have conservative competition.
Just heard he was sentenced to one year probation!! He's white ya know. Will the wingers drum him out of the House?

[Image: haironfire.jpg]
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil
is for good men to do nothing. ~Burke
11-20-2013, 12:13 PM
(11-20-2013 12:00 PM)jaxx Wrote:  Move over Rob Ford, you have conservative competition.
Just heard he was sentenced to one year probation!! He's white ya know. Will the wingers drum him out of the House?

If you look at your local courts website I think you will find that most misdemeanor drug offenders get probation, a modest fine and community service. That is especially true for first time offenders. It is true in my local municipal court regardless of the race or gender of the criminal but, that said, I am sure that will vary from region to region.

GOTV in 2014
11-20-2013, 09:43 PM
So I get he was depressed due to the death of his mother. My sympathies are with him there but that's where it ends.

Beyond that I feel no sympathy for him. If this guy was let's say a Democratic member who....let's say took a selfie of his package....that guy would be run out of Congress. Taking a picture of one's package is not illegal.

This TeaPartier gets busted for drugs and is convicted. He gets probation and wait he is going to take a leave of absence....so he can get help...oh wait there's more this bastard voted to make welfare recipients take drug tests before they can get their little money to pay for food....

Anyone see anything wrong with this picture....this is bullshit.....it doesn't matter what level of public office if you break the law....you should be done. Banghead

“One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors.”

“Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something.”

Plato