Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Question: What stops House GOP from voting to repeal sequestration?
02-24-2013, 03:14 AM (This post was last modified: 02-24-2013 03:15 AM by janedrake.)
If the Tea Party House could waste millions of taxpayer dollars to vote some 30+ meaningless times to repeal 'Obamacare' -- why can't they vote ONCE to repeal a means to an end that was never supposed to be the end -- meaning, sequestration. I've heard and read numerous times that a one-sentence bill repealing sequestration would be sufficient to stave off oncoming destruction.

If House Republicans can vote over and over again to throw tens of millions off health insurance -- why can't they vote ONCE to stop millions losing their jobs and the rest of the unnecessary mass destruction that's fast approaching? The entire thing is a farce anyway -- spending is DOWN; the deficit is SHRINKING; the god-awful mess of out-of-control spending and the huge deficit bequeathed to us by George W. Bush and all of the current GOP yelpers who enabled him is UNDER CONTROL. So the whole thing is KABUKI in any case.

And, of course, my question is rhetorical. The political bloodlust of those sent to Congress by the underbelly of this country has long been apparent -- they were sent to the Capitol to howl at the moon and to "hurt some people." If this sequestration goes into effect, the GOP will have at last signed, irrevocably in my opinion, the bottom line of no return. They think the same tired bullshit of labeling their fear-mongering "Obama -_____" will win the day. I'm happy to say that after the 2012 election, the days of my lamenting about the 'complacent, ambivalent, dis-enengaged electorate" seems to be over. My fellow voters seem to once again be seriously engaged. They know Republicans are chalking them up as marks, and they DON'T LIKE IT. GOAMERICANS.

Republicans are headed full-speed ahead into a brick wall. I would unabashedly say, "please proceed," if so many innocents weren't also at risk from their actions. But , I will say this -- if the sequester happens, Republicans are in for another rude wake-up call. Very rude, I believe.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply Return to top

Messages In This Thread
[*]
02-24-2013, 08:16 AM
RE: Question: What stops House GOP from voting to repeal sequestration?
I think two phrases can sum up your points nicely.

Ideological purity.

Xenophobic fear of the "other". Translated: racism.

No Justice? No Peace!
02-24-2013, 11:10 AM
Excellent question.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-25-2013, 08:23 AM
They just don't PBO to beat them, again. Unfortunately for them, PBO is having a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent.

It would be nice to know if sequestration went through that this would be the end of GOP, but that would be wishful thinking. The results of the last election showed that there are still too many stupid, racist, and/or selfish self-centered scumbags that will vote for the repubs. Sad
02-25-2013, 10:42 AM
(02-25-2013 08:23 AM)Brewman_Jax Wrote:  They just don't PBO to beat them, again. Unfortunately for them, PBO is having a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent.

It would be nice to know if sequestration went through that this would be the end of GOP, but that would be wishful thinking. The results of the last election showed that there are still too many stupid, racist, and/or selfish self-centered scumbags that will vote for the repubs. Sad

I think your right Jax. People are so busy just making a living that they don't have time to look passed front page headlines or google home page news. All the GOP needs is a charismatic speaker to rally around. The good news is their isn't one anywhere in site. The pendulum had swung to where right wing is a bad word. No one wants to be called a republican. Reagan had people being thinking left was the evil word. The GOP know they don't have anyone that can turn their party around. They keep bring up these young guys and everyone of them fall on their face. Rubio, My own Bobby Jindal etc.