Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Nate Silver Says Marco Rubio is as Unelectable as Mitt Romney Was
02-20-2013, 10:44 AM
Nate Silver Says Marco Rubio is as Unelectable as Mitt Romney Was
Quote:The name of rock star statistician Nate Silver will be forever linked with the results of the 2012 Presidential election. You may recall that against the tide of Republican strategic hubris, and despite rampant voter suppression efforts taking place in communities representing large populations of poor and ethnic constituents, Silver warned the GOP talking heads that Obama was on his way to a sweeping victory. And he was right. In President Obama’s historic conquest over Mitt Romney, Silver correctly predicted the winner of all 50 states plus the District of Columbia. Let’s take a moment to savor once more the epic meltdown of Karl Rove on Fox News as it finally sank in that there was zero chance of a Romney presidency.

It never gets old does it?
<...>

A full three and a half years before the next Presidential election, Rubio is already being setup to fail as John McCain and Mitt Romney did before him. To return to President Obama’s “lipstick on a pig analogy,” the ethnic makeup of a candidate cannot possibly surmount a losing game plan. Americans wised up to Mitt Romney’s say-anything-to-win strategy and the result was a fantastic drubbing.

http://www.politicususa.com/nate-silver-...omney.html

"I give thanks for this perfect day. Miracle will follow miracle and wonders will never cease."

“Christmas isn't just a day. It's a frame of mind.”
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply Return to top

Messages In This Thread
[*]
02-20-2013, 12:21 PM
RE: Nate Silver Says Marco Rubio is as Unelectable as Mitt Romney Was
After Rubio's "cotton-mouth" performance after the SOTU, it should be obvious this fellow's not ready for prime time. But glad to see the science is backing up the perception.
02-20-2013, 01:25 PM
(02-20-2013 12:21 PM)janedrake Wrote:  After Rubio's "cotton-mouth" performance after the SOTU, it should be obvious this fellow's not ready for prime time. But glad to see the science is backing up the perception.

Oh yeah! The second I saw that crazy-eyed lunge for the water bottle, I knew he'd never be President!

Silence is consent.
02-20-2013, 02:13 PM
Rubio's "lies make me thirsty" lunge for the out-of-reach water bottle aside, he's still a neo-con party-line-toeing GOP member, except for immigration reform. He probably won't get too far since a big percentage of the rabid racist RW are rabid racists and may not vote for anyone that is not an "all-American" white male, esp. after having to deal with a black man as POTUS for 8 years.
02-20-2013, 05:25 PM
I didn't really watch Rubio's response, I more listened to it ... but it sounded exactly like a Romney speech, and that didn't work out too well for the repugs. Rubio is your typical teabagger, and the repugs think (or hope) just because he's got a Spanish sounding name people won't notice that he is just another teabagger without an original thought in his head.

"Understand that the more deeply you hold your ideals,
the more you are morally obligated to be pragmatic...Idealism without pragmatism
is just a way to flatter your ego." -Barney Frank
02-21-2013, 10:09 AM
I saw Rubio do a press conference when he first came on the scene as the bright, shining new thing and was startled at how Not Ready for Prime Time he was.

Plus, he has just an awful lot of financial problems that would be killers on the national scene.