Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Rubio's working class neighborhood
02-14-2013, 05:31 PM (This post was last modified: 02-14-2013 05:47 PM by pappy.)
http://aattp.org/marco-rubios-curious-de...ghborhood/

Quote:Rubio’s house is in the El Retiro subdivision in the western part of Miami. Recent average sales prices in that part of Miami have averaged around $215,000. And according to the listing (may have to register to see it), similar homes to his are selling for $546,000, $599,000, and $699,000. Rubio’s house has a massive 7,351 square feet, has a swimming pool, and the house is currently on the market for $675,000!

Edit:
On doing my own research I found an error in the above quoted piece. The LOT size is 7,351 sq. ft. not the house. The listing is available to see via various realty search engines.

GOTV in 2014
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply Return to top

Messages In This Thread
[*]
02-15-2013, 07:20 AM
RE: Rubio's working class neighborhood
Here's some pics of Rubio's "working class" home: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/13...81264.html

"Understand that the more deeply you hold your ideals,
the more you are morally obligated to be pragmatic...Idealism without pragmatism
is just a way to flatter your ego." -Barney Frank
02-15-2013, 08:51 AM
Having an inground pool is pretty common here in AZ, I would image it's similar in FL. Even lower priced homes often have a small pool.
I'm sure his home is nice but it's hardly the mansion that many of our very wealthy politcians live in.
I guess the main problem here is that he called it "working class" when it's a bit more upscale than that.

"I give thanks for this perfect day. Miracle will follow miracle and wonders will never cease."

"With all the worldwide mass extinctions occurring, dare we hope republicans are among them?"
02-15-2013, 09:28 AM
(02-15-2013 08:51 AM)azmouse Wrote:  Having an inground pool is pretty common here in AZ, I would image it's similar in FL. Even lower priced homes often have a small pool.
I'm sure his home is nice but it's hardly the mansion that many of our very wealthy politcians live in.
I guess the main problem here is that he called it "working class" when it's a bit more upscale than that.

I did the electrical on my representative pool. Gordy Dove. The price of the pool was around $600,000.00. Imported marble,travertine decking,mosaic picture in the pool bottom. I have pics stored somewhere in a flash drive. I will see if I can find them.

I wonder if he considers himself upper middle class?
02-15-2013, 09:35 AM
(02-15-2013 09:28 AM)72ptheriot Wrote:  
(02-15-2013 08:51 AM)azmouse Wrote:  Having an inground pool is pretty common here in AZ, I would image it's similar in FL. Even lower priced homes often have a small pool.

I did the electrical on my representative pool. Gordy Dove. The price of the pool was around $600,000.00. Imported marble,travertine decking,mosaic picture in the pool bottom. I have pics stored somewhere in a flash drive. I will see if I can find them.

I wonder if he considers himself upper middle class?

And that's why Rubio considers his home "working class". Compared to the excesses of the politicians around him, living in a half million dollar home is nothing.

We had our pool redone a few years ago, new tile, pebble-coated pool surface, cool deck, and some flagstone for just over 20k.
I'd love to see what 600k gets ya.

"I give thanks for this perfect day. Miracle will follow miracle and wonders will never cease."

"With all the worldwide mass extinctions occurring, dare we hope republicans are among them?"
02-15-2013, 10:05 AM (This post was last modified: 02-15-2013 10:13 AM by 72ptheriot.)
It's an outdoor kitchen around the and a lounge area with a huge bar and dance area. It bigger then most high in homes kitchen. Twenty feet tall cypress cabana. It's just crazy. Big oil money. Looking at it you might not see that much money unless you knew the price of the super high in materials.
02-15-2013, 01:02 PM
(02-15-2013 10:05 AM)72ptheriot Wrote:  It's an outdoor kitchen around the and a lounge area with a huge bar and dance area. It bigger then most high in homes kitchen. Twenty feet tall cypress cabana. It's just crazy. Big oil money. Looking at it you might not see that much money unless you knew the price of the super high in materials.

high end
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-15-2013, 03:07 PM
Sorry didn't catch that. Text while on the phone. Lol
02-15-2013, 09:55 PM
(02-15-2013 03:07 PM)72ptheriot Wrote:  Sorry didn't catch that. Text while on the phone. Lol

Well, my husband still writes thanking people for their patients - no matter how many times I've told him it's patience. And he used to be a counselor in a hospital setting, he actually had patients. Sometimes things just get stuck in the brain that way. I thought I'd mention it in case it was that kind of thing.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user