Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Republicans need to quit complaining and start cooperating with Obama
02-14-2013, 09:10 AM
Republicans need to quit complaining and start cooperating with Obama
Apologies that this article links to Foxnews but, frankly, I'm gobsmacked that this was allowed to be posted to their website. My hope would be that Republicans of all stripes hear this advice and take it to heart.

Quote:The Republican Party should be less worried about its image and more worried about its substance. No party that dismantles the American Jobs Act, blocks the Violence Against Women Act and defeats the DREAM Act can expect to win the hearts and minds of mainstream America, let alone a governing majority.

For crying out loud, Republicans in the chamber couldn’t even manage to stand up and applaud for protecting voting rights and helping kids go to pre-school. Instead of continuing to oppose everything Democrats stand for, Republicans should explain to the American people why the only thing Republicans seem to consistently stand for --- more tax cuts for the rich --- didn’t create jobs and ward off our financial crisis when those cuts were in place.
<...>
President Obama articulated a powerful and practical plan, many parts of which any sensible Republican not stuck on the auto-pilot obstructionism of the last four years would be highly inclined to support. The American people chose their path and President Obama is leading us forward. Republicans would be wise to stop with the blanket criticisms and start finding a way to cooperate.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2013/02/1...z2Kt0x8cb5

"I give thanks for this perfect day. Miracle will follow miracle and wonders will never cease."

There's nothing more reassuring then realizing the world is crazier than you are.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply Return to top

Messages In This Thread
[*]
02-14-2013, 10:41 AM
RE: Republicans need to quit complaining and start cooperating with Obama
Sally Kohn took the words right out of my mouth. Why should it be that essentially a handful of the most foolish people this country has to offer, who have been gerry-mandered into districts of impenetrable stupidity, are actually halting almost all progress in this nation through electing and re-electing some of the most shameless idiots ever to hold office (Boehner, Cantor, McConnell, Ryan, Blackburn, Bachmann, Price, Cruz, Gohmert, Foxx, Graham, and it goes on and on).

Spending time at the WH website and reading through the President's vision - (which I imagine could well leapfrog us forward towards the 'Star Trek' age) -- all I could see in my mind's eye were the usual gang of GOP prevaricators, delusion-oids, incompetents and greedy SOBs vowing to de-fund, filibuster, gut, and otherwise slam down any sliver of progress to be made.

It is going to take voters once again going to the polls as an even greater overwhelming force in 2014 in order to even have a prayer of dislodging the GOP and rendering them deservedly irrelevant. There's no way in the world they're going to 'cooperate' - they've got to be politically marginalized into oblivion.
02-14-2013, 11:32 AM
RE: Republicans need to quit complaining and start cooperating with Obama
Wow! I'm just as shocked as everyone else. A moment of sanity on the Faux News website. Shocked

On the converse, as noted above, although the repubs took a thumping last election, quite a few of their cynical idiot obstructionist scumbags were re-elected and they still control the House. Boehner and the rest of them showed their rudeness and unwillingness to work with PBO for all to see, esp. Boehner NOT standing in recognition of Desiline Victor, the 102-year-old woman that waited hours to cast her vote.

I don't see the repubs changing anytime soon for any reason. They're too invested in the angry white vote and being mad at the black man in the White House. I'm looking forward to more of them being sent home in 2014.