Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How Republican of Him - Rubio Selling His House in the 'hood'
02-13-2013, 07:32 PM
How Republican of Him - Rubio Selling His House in the 'hood'
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/polit...6749.story

I don't know what it is about the GOP that makes this a perfectly predictable coda to Rubio holding forth about still living in his old neighborhood:

Quote:Rubio selling Miami house in neighborhood cited in speech

MIAMI (Reuters) - Senator Marco Rubio is looking to sell his house in the Miami neighborhood he cited in his closely watched response to President Barack Obama's State of the Union speech.

The first-term Republican senator from Florida played up his humble upbringing when he delivered the Republican Party rebuttal to Obama's address on Tuesday, pointing to a Miami neighborhood where he was born and raised and now resides.

"Mr. President, I still live in the same working-class neighborhood I grew up in," Rubio said, trying to highlight his modest roots as he laid out the alternative Republican vision for helping the middle class.

A real estate listing shows Rubio, a 41-year-old rising star in the Republican Party and widely seen as a potential presidential candidate in 2016, is selling his 4-bedroom, 3.5-bathroom home for an asking price of $675,000. The house went on the market in November.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply Return to top

Messages In This Thread
[*]
02-13-2013, 08:03 PM
RE: How Republican of Him - Rubio Selling His House in the 'hood'
What kind of "humble" upbringing is a 4 bedroom, $675,000 home? I don't give a crap if he's selling it, I give a crap that he tried to pass it off as an example of 'tough times'. How do they get away with this? Does this insult to working Americans just fly over the heads of upper income journalists who don't like to addmit how well they have it? Why do they miss the big story while focusing on the miniscule lie that won't stay on the radar for 5 minutes? Just ridiculous. They ridicule the Obamas for being rich snobs, but here's somebody who really is rich and trying to pretend he's poor, and that's a-ok with them.

Banghead
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-13-2013, 09:50 PM
I take your point, Sandnsea, but I actually do think it is an important aspect of the story -- Rubio's speech went out of its way to emphasize he's just a regular Joe who lives in his old neighborhood, when all the time he knew full well he's looking to be outta there as soon as someone can write him a check. That, plus the $675K price-tag for the house he tried to portray as a humble residence really puts him squarely in the tone-deaf Romney/Ryan circle of geniuses in my book.
02-14-2013, 12:46 AM
Probably could have gotten a million if the house came with a car elevator!

I think both points above are valid criticisms. If he can hold onto it till he becomes President roflmao and installs a car elevator ..... Well the house may prove priceless.

No Justice? No Peace!
02-14-2013, 05:07 AM (This post was last modified: 02-14-2013 05:08 AM by suzie.)
Huffington Post has an article about Rubio's finances. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/13...78744.html

Not good stuff for a potential presidential candidate.

*ordinarily I wouldn't link to HuffPo, but this is an important listing of Rubio's shady fiscal background.