Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Body found in burned cabin thought to be fugitive L.A. ex-cop
02-12-2013, 10:45 PM
(Reuters) - A body thought to be that of a fugitive ex-cop was found in a burned out cabin in the mountains above Los Angles on Tuesday after a fierce gunfight with police that killed a sheriff's deputy and wounded another, U.S. media reported.

Authorities said they presumed the man involved in the shootout was former Los Angeles police officer Christopher Dorner, 33, who is suspected of a revenge-fueled killing spree targeting police and their families.

California authorities launched a six-day manhunt for Dorner and police believed they had cornered him in the mountain cabin.

Television news footage showed smoke and flames engulfing the cabin in a heavily wooded area of the snow-covered mountains of the San Bernardino National Forest.

The Los Angeles Times and CBS News, citing law enforcement sources, reported the charred body had been found in the cabin and CNN said the corpse was that of Dorner.

... http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/02/1...1B20130213

Confirmed, Fox "news" makes you stupid

The ones you are noticing are more terrified than anything else. They are lashing out because they are comfortable; and to acknowledge what is happening is a threat to that comfort. Ignore them, for they are not the voices that will rise in the coming days, months and years. They are not the voices of our collected humanity. They are the old voices of fear and impotence. - Anonymous
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply Return to top

Messages In This Thread
Body found in burned cabin thought to be fugitive L.A. ex-cop #1 - There Is No Spoon - 02-12-2013, 10:45 PM
[*]
02-12-2013, 10:48 PM
RE: Body found in burned cabin thought to be fugitive L.A. ex-cop
(02-12-2013 10:45 PM)There Is No Spoon Wrote:  (Reuters) - A body thought to be that of a fugitive ex-cop was found in a burned out cabin in the mountains above Los Angles on Tuesday after a fierce gunfight with police that killed a sheriff's deputy and wounded another, U.S. media reported.

Authorities said they presumed the man involved in the shootout was former Los Angeles police officer Christopher Dorner, 33, who is suspected of a revenge-fueled killing spree targeting police and their families.

California authorities launched a six-day manhunt for Dorner and police believed they had cornered him in the mountain cabin.

Television news footage showed smoke and flames engulfing the cabin in a heavily wooded area of the snow-covered mountains of the San Bernardino National Forest.

The Los Angeles Times and CBS News, citing law enforcement sources, reported the charred body had been found in the cabin and CNN said the corpse was that of Dorner.

Okay, hold it - last I saw on Twitter, there was no body and 'official sources' were saying Dorner was not found in the cabin?
02-12-2013, 10:51 PM
(02-12-2013 10:48 PM)janedrake Wrote:  
(02-12-2013 10:45 PM)There Is No Spoon Wrote:  (Reuters) - A body thought to be that of a fugitive ex-cop was found in a burned out cabin in the mountains above Los Angles on Tuesday after a fierce gunfight with police that killed a sheriff's deputy and wounded another, U.S. media reported.

Okay, hold it - last I saw on Twitter, there was no body and 'official sources' were saying Dorner was not found in the cabin?

I just read that too. Lol - gotta love developing news. Happy21

The ones you are noticing are more terrified than anything else. They are lashing out because they are comfortable; and to acknowledge what is happening is a threat to that comfort. Ignore them, for they are not the voices that will rise in the coming days, months and years. They are not the voices of our collected humanity. They are the old voices of fear and impotence. - Anonymous
02-12-2013, 11:02 PM
(02-12-2013 10:51 PM)There Is No Spoon Wrote:  
(02-12-2013 10:48 PM)janedrake Wrote:  Okay, hold it - last I saw on Twitter, there was no body and 'official sources' were saying Dorner was not found in the cabin?

I just read that too. Lol - gotta love developing news. Happy21

There we go! -- just saw this Tweet:

LAPD HQ ‏@LAPDHQ
#LAPD HAS NOT CONFIRMED OR MADE ANY STATEMENTS REGARDING A BODY BEING LOCATED, REMOVED OR IDENTIFIED FROM THE LOCATION IN SAN BERNARDINO
02-12-2013, 11:31 PM
(02-12-2013 11:02 PM)janedrake Wrote:  
(02-12-2013 10:51 PM)There Is No Spoon Wrote:  I just read that too. Lol - gotta love developing news. Happy21

There we go! -- just saw this Tweet:

LAPD HQ ‏@LAPDHQ
#LAPD HAS NOT CONFIRMED OR MADE ANY STATEMENTS REGARDING A BODY BEING LOCATED, REMOVED OR IDENTIFIED FROM THE LOCATION IN SAN BERNARDINO

To be fair, the article states the same: "Los Angeles police officials said they could not confirm the reports."

Which makes me believe that this article may be accurate.

02-12-2013, 11:36 PM
(02-12-2013 11:31 PM)There Is No Spoon Wrote:  
(02-12-2013 11:02 PM)janedrake Wrote:  There we go! -- just saw this Tweet:

LAPD HQ ‏@LAPDHQ

To be fair, the article states the same: "Los Angeles police officials said they could not confirm the reports."

One of my fave shows is Burn Notice. This is classic Burn Notice. But with tragic real-world results.
02-12-2013, 11:44 PM
(02-12-2013 11:36 PM)janedrake Wrote:  
(02-12-2013 11:31 PM)There Is No Spoon Wrote:  To be fair, the article states the same: "Los Angeles police officials said they could not confirm the reports."

One of my fave shows is Burn Notice. This is classic Burn Notice. But with tragic real-world results.

Yeah, that show was the most popular cable show a while back. "Don't try this at home" lol.

02-13-2013, 12:05 AM
(02-12-2013 11:44 PM)There Is No Spoon Wrote:  
(02-12-2013 11:36 PM)janedrake Wrote:  One of my fave shows is Burn Notice. This is classic Burn Notice. But with tragic real-world results.

Yeah, that show was the most popular cable show a while back. "Don't try this at home" lol.

Don't try this at home, indeed. Fiona may be two pounds of trouble, but seriously, C4 is not anyone's friend.
02-12-2013, 11:51 PM
(02-12-2013 11:36 PM)janedrake Wrote:  
(02-12-2013 11:31 PM)There Is No Spoon Wrote:  To be fair, the article states the same: "Los Angeles police officials said they could not confirm the reports."

Funny, linked article has been rewritten - no reference to burned body any longer. Doh!

New headline at link: "Fate of fugitive LA ex-cop unclear as manhunt reaches fiery climax"

02-12-2013, 10:56 PM
(02-12-2013 10:48 PM)janedrake Wrote:  

I heard that the police haven't entered the burned out cabin yet because it's still too hot.

"Understand that the more deeply you hold your ideals,
the more you are morally obligated to be pragmatic...Idealism without pragmatism
is just a way to flatter your ego." -Barney Frank
02-13-2013, 02:03 AM
This has been a nightmare for those of us who live near Big Bear. Was he there? Did he leave? Is he hiding?

There have been more "sightings" of him since Thursday than I can count -- and all of them have been false.

I always thought he was still up there -- a few miles from my town. I thought he would find an empty cabin since so many are vacant, and he was. Those poor cleaning ladies -- imagine walking in and coming face to face with America's Most Wanted.

Glad it's over. Scared

I was born a Truman, but you can call me Pat. Wave

"They want to give people like me a two hundred thousand dollar tax cut that’s paid for by asking thirty three seniors to each pay six thousand dollars more in health costs? That’s not right, and it’s not going to happen as long as I’m President." Barack Obama
02-13-2013, 12:17 PM
I don't think it's over b/c if there is a body to be found, I don't think it's him, at least, I hope not.
02-13-2013, 03:54 PM
How did they know that he didn't have anyone else in that cabin before they gave the orders to burn it down? Crazy end to a wild story.
02-13-2013, 08:06 PM
(02-13-2013 03:54 PM)72ptheriot Wrote:  How did they know that he didn't have anyone else in that cabin before they gave the orders to burn it down? Crazy end to a wild story.

Watching the news earlier, they were saying they didn't give an order to burn it down. All that chatter was either misunderstood directives or "bravado". That's what they're saying.

Wonder if we'll get a Waco-style backlash over a black man being burned alive.

Not that he didn't have a choice to surrender, he clearly did and should have.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-14-2013, 12:37 AM
(02-13-2013 03:54 PM)72ptheriot Wrote:  How did they know that he didn't have anyone else in that cabin before they gave the orders to burn it down? Crazy end to a wild story.

First, they probably were told by the owner that the rental cabin was unoccupied (CNN had them on air so I'm sure the police also talked to them).

Second, they knew he was alone when he ran from his abandoned vehicle.

Third, there was snow on the ground and they should have been able to tell if more than one person entered the cabin.

Epic Fail = GOTV in 2014
02-14-2013, 06:41 AM
(02-14-2013 12:37 AM)pappy Wrote:  

First, they probably were told by the owner that the rental cabin was unoccupied (CNN had them on air so I'm sure the police also talked to them).

Second, they knew he was alone when he ran from his abandoned vehicle.

Third, there was snow on the ground and they should have been able to tell if more than one person entered the cabin.

Good point pappy. Now they are saying they didn't burn down the house on purpose. Conflicting reports saying an order was given to burn it down.

I just wish we could heard his side of the his story besides what we are hearing from LAPD. Was there racism? That's no excuse for what he did but I think it should be looked into and not by the LAPD are their people.
02-14-2013, 06:07 PM
The SBSO used "burners" which are incendiary tear gas canisters. They first fired tear gas and called him to come out and surrender. He did not respond. After they fired the burners and the fire started, one gunshot was heard coming from the cabin.

He had been using a silencer on his rifles and handgun(s) and that is how he was able to shoot two SBSO and keep them pinned down every time other officers tried to rescue the wounded deputies.

[Image: article-2278065-1790B602000005DC-533_634x381.jpg]

You can see where the two wounded officers were shot. One died of multiple gunshots. They were put in the back of a truck and driven to a waiting chopper to take them to Loma Linda. The delay may have cost Officer Jeremiah MacKay his life.

Also, live ammo was exploding in the cabin. Here's local KCBS reporter Carter Evans and his cameraperson't footage.

http://youtu.be/3tybxgm9B3k

"They want to give people like me a two hundred thousand dollar tax cut that’s paid for by asking thirty three seniors to each pay six thousand dollars more in health costs? That’s not right, and it’s not going to happen as long as I’m President." Barack Obama
02-14-2013, 06:43 PM
Burned body has been positively confirmed as Dorner's.

02-14-2013, 06:54 PM
(02-14-2013 06:43 PM)There Is No Spoon Wrote:  Burned body has been positively confirmed as Dorner's.

Thanks. I knew it was him. The people he tied up said it was him; the guy who he carjacked at gunpoint said it was him and he drove from there to the cabin where the standoff happened down the road.

That won't stop the tin foil hats that will say it wasn't him, etc -- Shrug

02-19-2013, 06:16 PM
(02-14-2013 06:54 PM)Born_A_Truman Wrote:  
(02-14-2013 06:43 PM)There Is No Spoon Wrote:  Burned body has been positively confirmed as Dorner's.

Thanks. I knew it was him. The people he tied up said it was him; the guy who he carjacked at gunpoint said it was him and he drove from there to the cabin where the standoff happened down the road.

That won't stop the tin foil hats that will say it wasn't him, etc -- Shrug
It's been confirmed from dental records, so I see no reason to doubt. I still have compassion for this guy for a variety of reasons. LAPD has a long standing history of corruption.