Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Forbes: New Data Suggests Obamacare Is Actually Bending The Healthcare Cost Curve
02-12-2013, 11:57 AM
Forbes: New Data Suggests Obamacare Is Actually Bending The Healthcare Cost Curve
http://www.forbes.com/sites/rickungar/20...ost-curve/

Check this out:

Quote:A new Congressional Budget Office report out last week has the healthcare world scratching its head over the possibility that Obamacare might—in part—be responsible for what is being described as a significant slowdown in the growth of healthcare costs in America.

According to the report, hundreds of billions of dollars in federal spending for Medicare and Medicaid are being removed from government projections as federal healthcare spending is now expected to be full 15 percent less than what had been initially budgeted for 2012....

That is huge.

Reminds me of seeing on Twitter yesterday that Joe Scarborough was apparently opining on his show that the Prez and Dems had done nothing! about slowing the growth of Medicare spending. Scarborough is one of the few prominent Republicans I can usually stand more than five minutes of -- but then he has those flashes of what I'm becoming convinced is a quirk of conservative DNA - moments of total delusion and denial of reality. I'm wouldn't be surprised to know that no one at the Morning Joe table had the cajones to point out the CBO report to him.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply Return to top