Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Debunking Ridiculous Rhetoric: Obama is an Assassin Who Targets Innocent Americans
02-09-2013, 12:24 PM
Debunking Ridiculous Rhetoric: Obama is an Assassin Who Targets Innocent Americans
Quote:This is a complex, emotional issue for all Americans, and yet there can be no reasonable debate on any level when a term like “targeting American citizens” is the primary talking point. One would hope that when intelligence about an impending attack reaches the highest levels of government, the last thing the men deciding to use lethal force take into account is whether or not the al-Qaida planner, or underwear bomber, is an American-born or Yemeni citizen. It is doubtful that the families of the three-thousand victims of 911 would be torn over President Bush ordering a drone strike on an American-born terrorist piloting one of the planes that flew into the Trade Towers, or President Obama ordering the killing of al-Awlaki before directing the Fort Hood shooter or underwear bomber over Detroit to commit acts of terror. No American knows what goes into the decision-making process leading to a targeted drone strike, except that it is not President Obama deliberately targeting American citizens for death, and it is pure folly to think terrorists will stop to reflect on whether their attack will kill innocent Muslims or Christians; they just kill Americans.

There is one other aspect those concerned about the so-called “killing of American citizens” seriously need to consider. When a terrorist who was fortunate enough to be born in America brings his son along and joins an extremist group and plans, directs, or intends to carry out a mass killing of American civilians, it is reasonable to assume they are no longer Americans, they are an imminent danger. Maybe in an idealistic Utopia they would surrender to law enforcement to receive their Constitutional right to due process, but this is the real world, and they pose a real threat, and one hopes the President takes real steps to stop them before they kill real Americans.

http://www.politicususa.com/conflate.html

"I give thanks for this perfect day. Miracle will follow miracle and wonders will never cease."

“Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.”
― Carl Sagan
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply Return to top

Messages In This Thread
[*]
02-09-2013, 02:39 PM
I know I make a big deal about drones. I understand the need for them. I just think we need to be a little more careful with them. I hate the fact that kids are dying from these things.

That said I hate that Fox News is running this like it's Obama's Jihad on Americans. It's the wording the use to catch headlines that drives me insane.
02-09-2013, 03:31 PM
RE: Debunking Ridiculous Rhetoric: Obama is an Assassin Who Targets Innocent Americans
(02-09-2013 02:39 PM)72ptheriot Wrote:  I know I make a big deal about drones. I understand the need for them. I just think we need to be a little more careful with them. I hate the fact that kids are dying from these things.

That said I hate that Fox News is running this like it's Obama's Jihad on Americans. It's the wording the use to catch headlines that drives me insane.

What bothers me more is to watch mainstream progressives jump on the wrong bandwagon - as though Pres. Obama's role as CiC is not supposed to exist. The biggest issue I have is that they seem to be relishing not making the distinction between "targeting Americans" and "targeting Americans who are operational within terrorist operations on foreign soil."
02-11-2013, 10:39 AM
RE: Debunking Ridiculous Rhetoric: Obama is an Assassin Who Targets Innocent Americans
PBO has few good options.
War is not an option. Doing nothing is not an option.
He has to do something in between.
Using drones is one of the few options that he has.

There is a problem; this 'war on terror' is becoming a war without end. We have no verifiable indicators that we have 'won'.
02-11-2013, 05:52 PM
I have to say I thought the drones were being operated by the military. I don't like the CIA using drones for assassinations. We outlawed CIA assassinations decades ago. The military has the authority to conduct wars. I believe the CIA should be investigative ONLY.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user