Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Outgoing Energy Secretary Steven Chu responds to Onion allegations
02-07-2013, 04:17 PM
Outgoing Energy Secretary Steven Chu responds to Onion allegations
Hilarious! Steven Chu actually linked an Onion article about himself on facebook.

The article from the Onion claims:

Quote:Sources have reported that following a long night of carousing at a series of D.C. watering holes, Energy Secretary Steven Chu awoke Thursday morning to find himself sleeping next to a giant solar panel he had met the previous evening. “Oh, Christ, what the hell did I do last night?” Chu is said to have muttered to himself while clutching his aching head and grimacing at the partially blanketed 18-square-foot photovoltaic solar module whose manufacturer he was reportedly unable to recall.

Steven Chu's facebook comment when he shared the article:

Quote:I just want everyone to know that my decision not to serve a second term as Energy Secretary has absolutely nothing to do with the allegations made in this week’s edition of the Onion. While I’m not going to confirm or deny the charges specifically, I will say that clean, renewable solar power is a growing source of U.S. jobs and is becoming more and more affordable, so it’s no surprise that lots of Americans are falling in love with solar.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply Return to top

Messages In This Thread
[*]
02-07-2013, 07:03 PM
RE: Outgoing Energy Secretary Steven Chu responds to Onion allegations
That's fabulous, lol.
Find all posts by this user
02-08-2013, 12:11 AM
LOL. It seems to be a characteristic of Obama's appointees that they have a sense of humor and can laugh at themselves.

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it's the only thing that ever does. ~Margaret Mead~
02-08-2013, 12:46 AM
(02-08-2013 12:11 AM)Hekate Wrote:  LOL. It seems to be a characteristic of Obama's appointees that they have a sense of humor and can laugh at themselves.

Yes they do! Love this administration!!! Love Ya

I was born a Truman, but you can call me Pat. Wave

"They want to give people like me a two hundred thousand dollar tax cut that’s paid for by asking thirty three seniors to each pay six thousand dollars more in health costs? That’s not right, and it’s not going to happen as long as I’m President." Barack Obama