Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Snowzilla
02-07-2013, 02:09 PM
Snowzilla
Quote:The culprits were a so-called clipper system moving through the Upper Midwest and a low-pressure system headed for the waters off New England. When they converge, probably late Friday, they are expected to sock the region with its heaviest snow in at least two years.

“When this hits, it’s going to come down very hard,” said Tom Niziol, a meteorologist for The Weather Channel. “This is something we haven’t seen in a while, particularly in New England.”

The National Weather Service issued a blizzard watch for parts of Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island and Long Island and said travel there could become nearly impossible.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/02/...-time?lite

Hey if you're in the area where this storm is hitting, build a snowmouse for me, would ya?
And stay safe! Please.

[Image: SnowballFightSmileyDodges_zps376e4ed9.gif]

"I give thanks for this perfect day. Miracle will follow miracle and wonders will never cease."

“Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.”
― Carl Sagan
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply Return to top

Messages In This Thread
Snowzilla #1 - azmouse - 02-07-2013, 02:09 PM
RE: Snowzilla #2 - janedrake - 02-07-2013, 04:38 PM
RE: Snowzilla #3 - azmouse - 02-07-2013, 06:56 PM
[*]
02-07-2013, 04:38 PM
RE: Snowzilla
Hey Azmouse - thanks! Bracing here in NY for this thing.
02-07-2013, 06:56 PM
RE: Snowzilla
(02-07-2013 04:38 PM)janedrake Wrote:  Hey Azmouse - thanks! Bracing here in NY for this thing.

How much snow is expected in your area?
At least it'll be hitting in time for the weekend and you won't have to go out in the whole mess to get to work. Of course, if this storm is as big as is expected, Monday may still be a mess. yikes...

"I give thanks for this perfect day. Miracle will follow miracle and wonders will never cease."

“Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.”
― Carl Sagan
02-10-2013, 10:55 PM
The storm has passed with little impact...
my cable was out for half a day and some had electrical outages. Forgotten in the hysteria leading up to this one as that we used to get one or two of these year not long ago.

The odd thing was the timing of it all-- I looked out at 11:30 on Friday and saw a puny 2-3" of snow and went to sleep. Woke up about 5:30 and everything was buried under almost 2 feet of the stuff.

Tomorrow should be temps in the 40s and heavy rain-- no sign shall be left of the Blizzard of '13.