Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why is there so much conflict on these stinking internet boards?
02-04-2013, 08:12 PM
I don't understand it. Worse yet, I don't understand why I do it.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply Return to top

Messages In This Thread
Why is there so much conflict on these stinking internet boards? #1 - Velleity - 02-04-2013, 08:12 PM
[*]
02-04-2013, 08:18 PM
RE: Why is there so much conflict on these stinking internet boards?
(02-04-2013 08:12 PM)Velleity Wrote:  I don't understand it. Worse yet, I don't understand why I do it.

Someone might be tempted to say at this point -- 'more details please.' But I hear you. The answer is: human nature. The solution is: Chill for a while. Then jump back in.
02-05-2013, 06:38 AM
(02-04-2013 08:18 PM)janedrake Wrote:  
(02-04-2013 08:12 PM)Velleity Wrote:  I don't understand it. Worse yet, I don't understand why I do it.

Someone might be tempted to say at this point -- 'more details please.' But I hear you. The answer is: human nature. The solution is: Chill for a while. Then jump back in.

Well, thank you.

Yes, I respect you all too much to waste your time and energy on the insipid details. You got it with my simple, brief whining.

Thanks.
02-05-2013, 08:07 AM
s-Wink Maybe this will help you to deal with it:
[Image: internet_graphic1.jpg]

"I give thanks for this perfect day. Miracle will follow miracle and wonders will never cease."

There's nothing more reassuring then realizing the world is crazier than you are.
02-05-2013, 09:30 AM
Hahahahaha, mouse! Ain't it the truth!! roflmao

Silence is consent.
02-05-2013, 09:40 AM
(02-05-2013 09:30 AM)SeattleGirl Wrote:  Hahahahaha, mouse! Ain't it the truth!! roflmao

While I read it, I remembered a certain board from our past and nodded my head saying "true, true, true". And then I was thankful I don't post or read or visit that site any more. Big Grin

"I give thanks for this perfect day. Miracle will follow miracle and wonders will never cease."

There's nothing more reassuring then realizing the world is crazier than you are.
02-06-2013, 12:25 AM
(02-05-2013 09:40 AM)azmouse Wrote:  
(02-05-2013 09:30 AM)SeattleGirl Wrote:  Hahahahaha, mouse! Ain't it the truth!! roflmao

While I read it, I remembered a certain board from our past and nodded my head saying "true, true, true". And then I was thankful I don't post or read or visit that site any more. Big Grin

Me too!!!

Silence is consent.
02-05-2013, 03:07 PM
Thanks mouse for that overview. Recognize them all from DU.
02-05-2013, 05:11 PM
OMG, I read that and was thinking "no wonder my head always felt like it was going to explode when reading that shithole" that shall remain unnamed. The most prolific posters were the worst offenders too.

Confirmed, Fox "news" makes you stupid

The ones you are noticing are more terrified than anything else. They are lashing out because they are comfortable; and to acknowledge what is happening is a threat to that comfort. Ignore them, for they are not the voices that will rise in the coming days, months and years. They are not the voices of our collected humanity. They are the old voices of fear and impotence. - Anonymous
02-05-2013, 09:53 PM
(02-05-2013 05:11 PM)There Is No Spoon Wrote:  OMG, I read that and was thinking "no wonder my head always felt like it was going to explode when reading that shithole" that shall remain unnamed. The most prolific posters were the worst offenders too.

Seriously, who needs the aggravation?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-05-2013, 09:50 PM
Funny. The mope used technique number 3 almost verbatim. Smile

Thanks.
02-05-2013, 11:42 PM
Velleity, it's not real. Whenever you sit down at your desktop, iPad, netbook, you leave real life and enter the matrix.

Drink a beer, smoke a joint, play with your dog..... Wave
02-06-2013, 11:34 AM
(02-05-2013 11:42 PM)canetoad Wrote:  Velleity, it's not real. Whenever you sit down at your desktop, iPad, netbook, you leave real life and enter the matrix.

Of course I know that.

Smile

I see you all as my real Matrix friends. I know It's matrix safe to matrix whine to you all.

I hope you don't mind. You're more than welcome to use me that way if you ever just feel like having a sympathetic matrix ear. That's all I was looking for here and as you can see, I got it.

It's a good thing. No?
02-06-2013, 01:14 PM
(02-06-2013 11:34 AM)Velleity Wrote:  
(02-05-2013 11:42 PM)canetoad Wrote:  Velleity, it's not real. Whenever you sit down at your desktop, iPad, netbook, you leave real life and enter the matrix.

Of course I know that.

Smile

I see you all as my real Matrix friends. I know It's matrix safe to matrix whine to you all.

I hope you don't mind. You're more than welcome to use me that way if you ever just feel like having a sympathetic matrix ear. That's all I was looking for here and as you can see, I got it.

It's a good thing. No?

Indeed, Velleity - it's a very good thing. Smile
02-06-2013, 03:09 PM
It is Velleity! When you think of how long some of us have known the others here it's pretty mind-boggling. Some I can remember the DU names, others have slid into their new identities.

I don't post much. Prefer to liken the 'net to a bar; some people you like to have a drink and a chat with, many you don't!
02-06-2013, 03:41 PM
(02-06-2013 03:09 PM)canetoad Wrote:  It is Velleity! When you think of how long some of us have known the others here it's pretty mind-boggling. Some I can remember the DU names, others have slid into their new identities.

I don't post much. Prefer to liken the 'net to a bar; some people you like to have a drink and a chat with, many you don't!

I had so much fun wreaking havoc at DU, I can't begin to tell you. Do you remember my "IRC Chatroom Tonight" post at the BOG?

Classic. Got all of the Treebaggers in a frenzy. People were falling all over themselves to log into the chatroom and there were something like 100,000 hits on the thread.

And then I followed up with a cryptic message about a FOIA request.

Laughing my ass off thinking about it. Oh, people taking themselves too seriously. Just too much fun! Smile
02-06-2013, 04:16 PM
(02-06-2013 03:41 PM)Velleity Wrote:  
(02-06-2013 03:09 PM)canetoad Wrote:  It is Velleity! When you think of how long some of us have known the others here it's pretty mind-boggling. Some I can remember the DU names, others have slid into their new identities.

I had so much fun wreaking havoc at DU, I can't begin to tell you. Do you remember my "IRC Chatroom Tonight" post at the BOG?

Classic. Got all of the Treebaggers in a frenzy. People were falling all over themselves to log into the chatroom and there were something like 100,000 hits on the thread.

Laughing my ass off thinking about it. Oh, people taking themselves too seriously. Just too much fun! Smile

Oh my, that brings back some memories, Velleity! :lol:
02-06-2013, 06:00 PM
(02-06-2013 04:16 PM)janedrake Wrote:  
(02-06-2013 03:41 PM)Velleity Wrote:  I had so much fun wreaking havoc at DU, I can't begin to tell you. Do you remember my "IRC Chatroom Tonight" post at the BOG?

Oh my, that brings back some memories, Velleity! :lol:

Yeppers. EarlG eventually sent me a cryptic message about how he was deleting the threads because they had nothing to do with the BOG and then a few days later they TS'd me without explanation. I had them baffled to, although I suspect that there was a DU mod at Democratic Sanctuary who might have been not so helpful.
02-06-2013, 06:34 PM
(02-06-2013 06:00 PM)Velleity Wrote:  ... I suspect that there was a DU mod at Democratic Sanctuary who might have been not so helpful.

I was thinking that recently as well. It wasn't until I started saying some critical things about Sally Boy Skinner (what was supposed to be in private) that they suddenly had an interest in busting my balls. Karma will get 'em Wink

The ones you are noticing are more terrified than anything else. They are lashing out because they are comfortable; and to acknowledge what is happening is a threat to that comfort. Ignore them, for they are not the voices that will rise in the coming days, months and years. They are not the voices of our collected humanity. They are the old voices of fear and impotence. - Anonymous
02-06-2013, 08:44 PM
(02-06-2013 06:34 PM)There Is No Spoon Wrote:  
(02-06-2013 06:00 PM)Velleity Wrote:  ... I suspect that there was a DU mod at Democratic Sanctuary who might have been not so helpful.

I was thinking that recently as well. It wasn't until I started saying some critical things about Sally Boy Skinner (what was supposed to be in private) that they suddenly had an interest in busting my balls. Karma will get 'em Wink

I'm thinking we're thinking of the same dude. Yes, it does make some sense.
02-07-2013, 11:39 PM
(02-06-2013 06:00 PM)Velleity Wrote:  
(02-06-2013 04:16 PM)janedrake Wrote:  Oh my, that brings back some memories, Velleity! :lol:
Yeppers. EarlG eventually sent me a cryptic message about how he was deleting the threads because they had nothing to do with the BOG and then a few days later they TS'd me without explanation. I had them baffled to, although I suspect that there was a DU mod at Democratic Sanctuary who might have been not so helpful.

That episode was wicked good fun while it lasted.

My friends started getting TS'd -- you, too, obviously -- and I had run afoul of the same allegedly LGBT clique that got Political Tiger TS'd, and they started following me around, which was kind of paranoia-inducing... It just wasn't fun anymore, and I started thinking I was going to be given a pizza myself so I quit.

Being gone from there was really good for my mental health, I can tell you. DFP is a place of sanity and courtesy. I stayed away for 2 years.

But I decided to dip my toes back in, and then I wanted to share in the hyper-excitement of Election Night, and then I was re-addicted. I really think of it like that. I've gotta quit, because the sheer misery outweighs any residual value.

Let's see if I can be gone for another two years. Just stub out the last smoke, crumple the pack, empty the ashtray, and to hell with it.

I am so glad I saw this thread tonight.

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it's the only thing that ever does. ~Margaret Mead~
02-06-2013, 04:01 PM
Hahaha. Yep I do remember that post. To be honest, I prefer the ocassional live chat to relentlessly posting in forums. We had a nice group in the DFP chatroom on your last election day. Good to catch up with old mates.
02-06-2013, 04:04 PM
(02-06-2013 04:01 PM)canetoad Wrote:  Hahaha. Yep I do remember that post. To be honest, I prefer the ocassional live chat to relentlessly posting in forums. We had a nice group in the DFP chatroom on your last election day. Good to catch up with old mates.

Yeah, that was fun. Smile
02-06-2013, 06:27 PM
Just a friendly little ol' reminder: http://democratsforprogress.com/forum/sh...r+websites

Wave

02-06-2013, 08:45 PM
(02-06-2013 06:27 PM)azmouse Wrote:  Just a friendly little ol' reminder: http://democratsforprogress.com/forum/sh...r+websites

Wave

Your link gives me a blank page.
02-07-2013, 08:07 AM
(02-06-2013 08:45 PM)Velleity Wrote:  
(02-06-2013 06:27 PM)azmouse Wrote:  Just a friendly little ol' reminder: http://democratsforprogress.com/forum/sh...r+websites

Wave

Your link gives me a blank page.

Try this one: http://democratsforprogress.com/forum/sh...p?tid=3967

I just wanted to remind everyone that we don't diss other political websites. No one wishes to start an online feud. Live and let live.
I can move this thread to DFP Regulars where everyone can talk on this thread's subject to their hearts delight if you want.

02-07-2013, 05:09 PM
(02-07-2013 08:07 AM)azmouse Wrote:  
(02-06-2013 08:45 PM)Velleity Wrote:  Your link gives me a blank page.

Try this one: http://democratsforprogress.com/forum/sh...p?tid=3967

I just wanted to remind everyone that we don't diss other political websites. No one wishes to start an online feud. Live and let live.
I can move this thread to DFP Regulars where everyone can talk on this thread's subject to their hearts delight if you want.

Thanks.

Please note that I didn't reveal the forum. It isn't DU. My comment was general. DU kind of came up when I was roflmao about some past practical jokes.

If you think that's going to start an online feud then move it by all means. I am certainly not going to be offended. Wave
02-07-2013, 05:19 PM
(02-07-2013 05:09 PM)Velleity Wrote:  
(02-07-2013 08:07 AM)azmouse Wrote:  Try this one: http://democratsforprogress.com/forum/sh...p?tid=3967

Thanks.

Please note that I didn't reveal the forum. It isn't DU. My comment was general. DU kind of came up when I was roflmao about some past practical jokes.

If you think that's going to start an online feud then move it by all means. I am certainly not going to be offended. Wave

Smile
I don't think it'll be necessary to move the thread. We (the admins) are contemplating a slight rule change. It should be posted soon.

02-08-2013, 12:18 AM
(02-07-2013 05:19 PM)azmouse Wrote:  
(02-07-2013 05:09 PM)Velleity Wrote:  Thanks.

Smile
I don't think it'll be necessary to move the thread. We (the admins) are contemplating a slight rule change. It should be posted soon.

Rule modification implemented - see Forum Rules at top of any forum. DFP Central and Winky's Tap Room are now OK for discussion of other websites 'till your heart's desire - including DU and other dumb ass fake progressive websites. No direct linking to off-site threads is the only limitation.

02-07-2013, 09:49 AM
Probably because they can. Also, it's a lot easier and safer being a keyboard kommando. Grin
02-07-2013, 06:43 PM
I'm so outraged at this thread. How dare you use the term stinky. I have you know mine smell just fine thank you. Lol
02-08-2013, 12:19 AM
(02-07-2013 06:43 PM)72ptheriot Wrote:  I'm so outraged at this thread. How dare you use the term stinky. I have you know mine smell just fine thank you. Lol

You just reminded me of Stinky the Clown - man do I hate that ass hole.

02-08-2013, 12:53 PM
(02-08-2013 12:19 AM)There Is No Spoon Wrote:  
(02-07-2013 06:43 PM)72ptheriot Wrote:  I'm so outraged at this thread. How dare you use the term stinky. I have you know mine smell just fine thank you. Lol

You just reminded me of Stinky the Clown - man do I hate that ass hole.

When I hear that name I always envision some spacy, tall, thin guy with a lot of hairy moles, picking his nose.

What do you suppose that means?
02-08-2013, 04:20 PM
(02-08-2013 12:53 PM)Velleity Wrote:  
(02-08-2013 12:19 AM)There Is No Spoon Wrote:  You just reminded me of Stinky the Clown - man do I hate that ass hole.

When I hear that name I always envision some spacy, tall, thin guy with a lot of hairy moles, picking his nose.

What do you suppose that means?

He needs to be kicked in the balls? Happy21