Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Wind generates more power in Spain than any other source
02-04-2013, 05:48 AM (This post was last modified: 02-04-2013 05:50 AM by Willinois.)
Wind generates more power in Spain than any other source
More than a quarter of their power came from wind and they're on the way to 40%. The lights are still on. Rates aren't exorbitant. The world didn't fall apart.

Windfarms break energy record in Spain

Quote:Over the last three months wind farms produced more electricity than any other power source in Spain for the first time ever, an industry group has said.
Quote:The performance means wind energy exceeded output from both nuclear and coal-fired power stations and represents more than a quarter of Spain's total power generation.

Spain has a diverse energy mix with nuclear and natural gas making up significant parts of their grid.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply Return to top

Messages In This Thread
[*]
02-06-2013, 04:56 PM
RE: Wind generates more power in Spain than any other source
Wind power seems like it could be a good idea in the deserts of AZ.

"I give thanks for this perfect day. Miracle will follow miracle and wonders will never cease."

“Christmas isn't just a day. It's a frame of mind.”
Find all posts by this user
02-06-2013, 05:02 PM
(02-06-2013 04:56 PM)azmouse Wrote:  Wind power seems like it could be a good idea in the deserts of AZ.

People usually talk about Arizona's excellent capacity for solar, but you inspired me to google and you're right that it's a decent wind state too. It's a shame the state's leaders aren't taking advantage of the clean energy jobs boom they could be having.

http://nau.edu/CEFNS/Centers-Institutes/...urce-Maps/
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-06-2013, 05:15 PM
(02-06-2013 05:02 PM)Willinois Wrote:  
(02-06-2013 04:56 PM)azmouse Wrote:  Wind power seems like it could be a good idea in the deserts of AZ.

People usually talk about Arizona's excellent capacity for solar, but you inspired me to google and you're right that it's a decent wind state too. It's a shame the state's leaders aren't taking advantage of the clean energy jobs boom they could be having.

http://nau.edu/CEFNS/Centers-Institutes/...urce-Maps/

I'm relying on memory here but I thought I read solar would be a problem in AZ... not because of a lack of sunlight but because solar also requires a substantial amount of water to make it practical on a very large scale.
I am seeing more and more solar panels on roofs so at least on a small scale solar is catching on here.

"I give thanks for this perfect day. Miracle will follow miracle and wonders will never cease."

“Christmas isn't just a day. It's a frame of mind.”
Find all posts by this user