Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Wind generates more power in Spain than any other source
02-04-2013, 05:48 AM (This post was last modified: 02-04-2013 05:50 AM by Willinois.)
Wind generates more power in Spain than any other source
More than a quarter of their power came from wind and they're on the way to 40%. The lights are still on. Rates aren't exorbitant. The world didn't fall apart.

Windfarms break energy record in Spain

Quote:Over the last three months wind farms produced more electricity than any other power source in Spain for the first time ever, an industry group has said.
Quote:The performance means wind energy exceeded output from both nuclear and coal-fired power stations and represents more than a quarter of Spain's total power generation.

Spain has a diverse energy mix with nuclear and natural gas making up significant parts of their grid.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply Return to top

Messages In This Thread
[*]
02-06-2013, 04:56 PM
RE: Wind generates more power in Spain than any other source
Wind power seems like it could be a good idea in the deserts of AZ.

"I give thanks for this perfect day. Miracle will follow miracle and wonders will never cease."

"With all the worldwide mass extinctions occurring, dare we hope republicans are among them?"
Find all posts by this user
02-06-2013, 05:02 PM
(02-06-2013 04:56 PM)azmouse Wrote:  Wind power seems like it could be a good idea in the deserts of AZ.

People usually talk about Arizona's excellent capacity for solar, but you inspired me to google and you're right that it's a decent wind state too. It's a shame the state's leaders aren't taking advantage of the clean energy jobs boom they could be having.

http://nau.edu/CEFNS/Centers-Institutes/...urce-Maps/
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-06-2013, 05:15 PM
(02-06-2013 05:02 PM)Willinois Wrote:  
(02-06-2013 04:56 PM)azmouse Wrote:  Wind power seems like it could be a good idea in the deserts of AZ.

People usually talk about Arizona's excellent capacity for solar, but you inspired me to google and you're right that it's a decent wind state too. It's a shame the state's leaders aren't taking advantage of the clean energy jobs boom they could be having.

http://nau.edu/CEFNS/Centers-Institutes/...urce-Maps/

I'm relying on memory here but I thought I read solar would be a problem in AZ... not because of a lack of sunlight but because solar also requires a substantial amount of water to make it practical on a very large scale.
I am seeing more and more solar panels on roofs so at least on a small scale solar is catching on here.

"I give thanks for this perfect day. Miracle will follow miracle and wonders will never cease."

"With all the worldwide mass extinctions occurring, dare we hope republicans are among them?"
Find all posts by this user