Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why Newtown victim Noah Pozner had an open coffin
02-03-2013, 11:26 AM
Why Newtown victim Noah Pozner had an open coffin
This is not easy to read. I can't imagine what it was like for this mother to see her little boy's body. Heartbreaking.

Quote:If Americans knew what bullets did to human flesh, they’d support gun control. So perhaps they should be shown in living colour what bullets do to small bodies. A mere description is insufficient for the literal-minded.

Noah Pozner, 6, was one of the 20 child victims in the Sandy Hook shooting in Newtown, Conn., on Dec. 14. All the dead were shot between three and 11 times. Tiny Noah took 11 bullets. His mother, Veronique, insisted on an open coffin, Naomi Zeveloff reported in the Jewish Daily Forward.

You’ll probably remember Noah. He was a happy little guy with beautiful heavily lashed eyes and a cheerful smile. In his coffin, there was a cloth placed over the lower part of his face.

More at: http://www.thestar.com/opinion/editorial...offin.html

"I give thanks for this perfect day. Miracle will follow miracle and wonders will never cease."

"With all the worldwide mass extinctions occurring, dare we hope republicans are among them?"
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply Return to top

Messages In This Thread
[*]
02-03-2013, 02:20 PM
RE: Why Newtown victim Noah Pozner had an open coffin
It is the brave actions of this mother and Emitt Tills mother that will bring changes to this country. During their greatest time of grief they stand up.....I hope they find peace..

“One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors.”

“Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something.”

Plato
02-03-2013, 10:25 PM
Are any media outlets showing the photos?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-04-2013, 08:11 AM
(02-03-2013 10:25 PM)Willinois Wrote:  Are any media outlets showing the photos?

I haven't seen any, and I'm not sure any photos of the little boy in his casket were taken. I think the mother wanted those present at the funeral to see the damage bullets can do to a tiny body, and to remember it so they can fight back against gun violence.

"I give thanks for this perfect day. Miracle will follow miracle and wonders will never cease."

"With all the worldwide mass extinctions occurring, dare we hope republicans are among them?"
02-07-2013, 11:55 PM
Mother Courage.

Yes--the photo should be shown, like Emmet Till's, like Jackie Kennedy in her bloodstained suit, "Let them see what they have done." Endless tears.

We can change. We MUST change.

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it's the only thing that ever does. ~Margaret Mead~