Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Gun Control Agenda Is Launching White Paranoid Extremists to Prepare...
01-31-2013, 12:31 PM
Gun Control Agenda Is Launching White Paranoid Extremists to Prepare for Armed Revolution

http://www.alternet.org/news-amp-politic...revolution

From the article:
Quote:The battle over gun control has exposed a truth the mainstream media is apparently too shy to mention: A bunch of far-right, white, mostly Southern, paranoid extremists are preparing for armed revolution and apocalypse. They speak treason: literally.

They are preparing to "defend" America from America with arsenals of weapons and stockpiles of ammunition. Their "enemy" is everyone in America not like them.

They think the world is ending and/or that the government is out to get them. That doesn’t mean it will happen. But expect violence and assassinations. Their ideology is made up of equal parts racism, evangelical Christian fascination with the “end times,” hatred of President Obama, resentment of the “Old “South” variety and a Fox News/Glenn Beck/Rush Limbaugh version of world history.

It was no secret that membership in militia and "patriot" groups, as well as most hate groups, skyrocketed when PBO was elected. They're even madder now that he has been re-elected. One of my friends, who is white, even proudly shows off her carry permit. The issue isn't about gun rights, it is about too many that don't like where the future is going and would rather turn back the clock to the Jim Crow era and deny the rights of those whose only fault is that they weren't born white.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply Return to top

Messages In This Thread
[*]
02-01-2013, 01:34 PM
RE: Gun Control Agenda Is Launching White Paranoid Extremists to Prepare...
Fa Sho! I had one tell me, "if they take our guns the only ones who'll have em are the criminals!" That's code for black folks, don'tchaknow.
02-04-2013, 05:09 PM
But isn't that what they always do? It seems like every time I turn around, the people who want a war in America (which I really think they do) are yipping that they have to "prepare" and then they prepare.

How is this time different?

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it's the only thing that ever does. ~Margaret Mead~
02-04-2013, 05:15 PM
(02-04-2013 05:09 PM)Hekate Wrote:  But isn't that what they always do? It seems like every time I turn around, the people who want a war in America (which I really think they do) are yipping that they have to "prepare" and then they prepare.

How is this time different?

In my opinion it only differs by degree. They seem more on edge and in greater numbers than before.

Oh, and they are better armed now.

Epic Fail = GOTV in 2014
02-04-2013, 05:14 PM
I have one that's tells me why should he turn in his AR. So they can use it for fast and furious? I don't want my guns to be used to kill border patrol agents. I have no come back for him. Just whatever.
02-10-2013, 07:32 AM
(02-04-2013 05:14 PM)72ptheriot Wrote:  I have one that's tells me why should he turn in his AR. So they can use it for fast and furious? I don't want my guns to be used to kill border patrol agents. I have no come back for him. Just whatever.

Your constant reiteration of Rightwing Talking Points through "I have a friend" as a way to get them out on this forum and then say, "What should I say?" "I have no comeback" is both tiresome and transparent.
02-10-2013, 09:41 AM
(02-10-2013 07:32 AM)suzie Wrote:  
(02-04-2013 05:14 PM)72ptheriot Wrote:  I have one that's tells me why should he turn in his AR. So they can use it for fast and furious? I don't want my guns to be used to kill border patrol agents. I have no come back for him. Just whatever.

Your constant reiteration of Rightwing Talking Points through "I have a friend" as a way to get them out on this forum and then say, "What should I say?" "I have no comeback" is both tiresome and transparent.

Suzie already said I have right winged friends and family. No new news here.
02-10-2013, 09:48 AM
They are ramping up the rhetoric and frenzy. I have to wonder if the string of shootings lately is just coincidence or if they're getting more media coverage than usual. NRA has been pushing fear and paranoia for years and maybe we're seeing the results.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-10-2013, 10:12 AM
(02-10-2013 09:48 AM)Willinois Wrote:  They are ramping up the rhetoric and frenzy. I have to wonder if the string of shootings lately is just coincidence or if they're getting more media coverage than usual. NRA has been pushing fear and paranoia for years and maybe we're seeing the results.

After Katerina I wanted to be a little better prepare in the future. I started looking up stuff about prepping for disasters. I found a lot of helpful stuff but there is a large amount of fear based stuff in the prepping community. There are two types of preppers. The ones who just want to make a bad situation a little easier to cope with and then there are the all out war people. I fear the all out war section is going way too fast. It's based on fear of many things. I hope as the economy does better this fear will subside. Just look up prepping on YouTube and you will see people who just want to store up food to feed their families. Others that are just plainly crazy or just so brain washed by people like Alex Jones fear pushing.

The ones pushing the fear are the ones that are gaining from the people's fears. Gun manufactures, right wing talk shows, NRA and republican.
02-11-2013, 05:29 PM
(02-10-2013 10:12 AM)72ptheriot Wrote:  
(02-10-2013 09:48 AM)Willinois Wrote:  They are ramping up the rhetoric and frenzy. I have to wonder if the string of shootings lately is just coincidence or if they're getting more media coverage than usual. NRA has been pushing fear and paranoia for years and maybe we're seeing the results.

After Katerina I wanted to be a little better prepare in the future. I started looking up stuff about prepping for disasters. I found a lot of helpful stuff but there is a large amount of fear based stuff in the prepping community. There are two types of preppers. The ones who just want to make a bad situation a little easier to cope with and then there are the all out war people. I fear the all out war section is going way too fast. It's based on fear of many things. I hope as the economy does better this fear will subside. Just look up prepping on YouTube and you will see people who just want to store up food to feed their families. Others that are just plainly crazy or just so brain washed by people like Alex Jones fear pushing.

The ones pushing the fear are the ones that are gaining from the people's fears. Gun manufactures, right wing talk shows, NRA and republican.

After Katrina, you wanted to be a little better prepared?

And you really expect anyone to believe that you have ever lived in South Louisiana? Seriously?
02-10-2013, 10:26 AM
I loved the recent Simpsons episode on preppers. A disaster finally hits. The preppers thought everyone else would be desperate and dying without them. It turns out, the community came together and were just fine because people helped each other in a spirit of cooperation. The preppers weren't the superior, smart ones. They were just people with selfish, anti-social personalities.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user