Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
3 shot at Phoenix office building
01-30-2013, 02:27 PM
3 shot at Phoenix office building
Be sure to read the comments at the end of the article. Facepalm

Quote:Three people suffered gunshot wounds during a shooting at an office complex in north-central Phoenix Wednesday morning, officials said.

Three others were transported to area hospitals; the nature of their injuries was not described.

Around 10:30 a.m., officials reported that three people had been shot in a building in the 7300 block of 16th Street, north of Glendale Avenue, officials said. One is reported to be in extremely critical condition.

Sgt. Tommy Thompson of the Phoenix Police Department said officers believe one suspect is responsible for the shooting and that the suspect is still on the loose. Thompson said one man walked into the building and shot several people.

He said the suspect is a White male and that police believe the shooting was a targeted act and that an altercation occurred prior to the shooting.

http://www.azcentral.com/community/phoen...-abrk.html

"I give thanks for this perfect day. Miracle will follow miracle and wonders will never cease."

"With all the worldwide mass extinctions occurring, dare we hope republicans are among them?"
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply Return to top

Messages In This Thread
[*]
01-30-2013, 03:37 PM
RE: 3 shot at Phoenix office building
Well I took your advice and read some of the comments. Now I have to go take a Tylenol and lie down till this headache goes away.

Somebody remind me not to take advice from azmouse anymore. Grin

GOTV in 2014
01-30-2013, 03:51 PM
(01-30-2013 03:37 PM)pappy Wrote:  Well I took your advice and read some of the comments. Now I have to go take a Tylenol and lie down till this headache goes away.

Hey Pappy, don't take advice from that mouse any more. Wave

...what a buncha nut jobs here in AZ, huh? Even after all the shootings, their answer is MORE GUNS!!! Scared

"I give thanks for this perfect day. Miracle will follow miracle and wonders will never cease."

"With all the worldwide mass extinctions occurring, dare we hope republicans are among them?"
01-30-2013, 04:05 PM
(01-30-2013 03:51 PM)azmouse Wrote:  
(01-30-2013 03:37 PM)pappy Wrote:  Well I took your advice and read some of the comments. Now I have to go take a Tylenol and lie down till this headache goes away.

Hey Pappy, don't take advice from that mouse any more. Wave

...what a buncha nut jobs here in AZ, huh? Even after all the shootings, their answer is MORE GUNS!!! Scared

The two most common arguments they use are the "guns don't kill people" and the "only criminals will have guns" memes.

One problem with both is that every gun used by every criminal or law abiding citizen prior to using a gun illegally started out in the hands fo a law abiding citizen. Some "law abiding citizen" failed in some way that allowed a fire arm to get into the hands of someone that then used it to kill or attempt to kill.

Whether it was because they failed to secure the gun, sold the gun or used the gun they did so without regard for the consequences. Many of those people are still considered "law abiding" but that does not make them less culpable.

GOTV in 2014
01-30-2013, 05:10 PM
One of the people shot has died. The shooter is still on the loose. He's a 70 year old man. I guess with age doesn't necessarily come wisdom.

01-30-2013, 05:17 PM
Mark Kelly was testifying in DC at the time of the shootings and mentioned it during his testimony.

It does seem since the Newtown shooting all these incidences of gun violence are getting more attention. It remains to be seen if it makes any difference at all in reducing the violence.

01-30-2013, 10:48 PM
(01-30-2013 05:17 PM)azmouse Wrote:  Mark Kelly was testifying in DC at the time of the shootings and mentioned it during his testimony.

It does seem since the Newtown shooting all these incidences of gun violence are getting more attention. It remains to be seen if it makes any difference at all in reducing the violence.

It's going to be a long, long time before our gunicide rates are reduced. Let's hope they can at least pass universal background checks and close the gun show loophole.

Confirmed, Fox "news" makes you stupid

The ones you are noticing are more terrified than anything else. They are lashing out because they are comfortable; and to acknowledge what is happening is a threat to that comfort. Ignore them, for they are not the voices that will rise in the coming days, months and years. They are not the voices of our collected humanity. They are the old voices of fear and impotence. - Anonymous
01-31-2013, 03:15 PM
Just read the second man shot yesterday will not survive his injuries. Horrible.

And the shooter was found dead of a self-inflicted wound.

The shooter was in a year long dispute with one of the men he met with yesterday. The meeting was to try to resolve their differences. If the shooter had not taken the gun to a meeting that was expected to be a bit contentious, the worst he could have done is throw something at the victims or hit them with his fist. He obviously took the weapon with the idea of killing the other men. If he could not have gotten his hands on a gun, the two men shot would still be alive today.