Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Dems hope generational shift will turn Texas blue and shut GOP out of White House
01-29-2013, 09:35 PM
Dems hope generational shift will turn Texas blue and shut GOP out of White House
Quote:The Texas Democratic Party truly believes that an electoral coup in the state, led by Latinos, would deny conservatives access to the White House for a generation or more — potentially forever, a spokesperson told Raw Story this week.

For future presidential contests, the Republican Party’s plans significantly hinge upon keeping Texas the deepest shade of red on the map, but Democrats are feeling confident fresh off their fifth popular vote victory in the last six presidential elections. That’s got Republican leadership looking to polish their images with immigrant communities, a daunting task given their recent history. Members of the Washington-based conservative group The Ripon Society watched that chill creep up House Speaker John Boehner’s (R-OH) spine on Wednesday as he warned that the president intends to “just shove us into the dustbin of history.”

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/01/25/de...ite-house/

The thought of this brings a smile to my face. Big Grin

"I give thanks for this perfect day. Miracle will follow miracle and wonders will never cease."

“Christmas isn't just a day. It's a frame of mind.”
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply Return to top

Messages In This Thread
[*]
01-30-2013, 12:17 AM (This post was last modified: 01-30-2013 12:17 AM by Willinois.)
RE: Dems hope generational shift will turn Texas blue and shut GOP out of White House
I expect to see Democrats nominate a Hispanic candidate from Texas for President or Vice-President in my lifetime.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply Return to top