Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Finally, the Swaggering Republicans Are Afraid
01-28-2013, 11:57 AM
Finally, the Swaggering Republicans Are Afraid
http://www.alternet.org/news-amp-politic...are-afraid

From the article:
Quote:During a private luncheon of the Republican Ripon Society on Tuesday, Boehner cited Obama’s progressive agenda as outlined in his Second Inaugural Address as representing an existential threat to the GOP.

“It’s pretty clear to me that he knows he can’t do any of that as long as the House is controlled by Republicans,” Boehner said. “So we’re expecting over the next 22 months to be the focus of this administration as they attempt to annihilate the Republican Party.” The Ohio Republican also claimed that it was Obama’s goal “to just shove us into the dustbin of history.”

Of course, Boehner may be wildly exaggerating the Republican plight to shock the party out of its funk, raise more money, and get right-wing activists back to the barricades. Still, his comments marked a remarkable reversal of fortune, like the playground bully getting his nose bloodied and running to the teacher in tears.

Even if hyped from political effect, Boehner’s lament also might force some progressives to rethink their negative views about President Obama. If indeed Obama has gotten the upper hand on America’s swaggering Right, then he might not be the political wimp that many on the Left have pegged him to be.

It's good that they're afraid. The hammerlock the repubs have on the local and state levels, and the US House of Representatives may be coming to a rapid end. Hope that the independent voters are waking up to the repubs love of the Top 1% at the expense and detriment of everyone else and will send them home in 2014. The repubs can't function solely as the angry white voters' party for much longer.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply Return to top

Messages In This Thread
[*]
01-28-2013, 12:46 PM
RE: Finally, the Swaggering Republicans Are Afraid
Sigh.

We can't make them into what they should be. We can't annihilate anyone.

Once again they blame their own dysfunction on us and refuse to do the really hard work of figuring out how to be relevant. So far their only answer here is to change the rules so that they can get elected with less than half of the vote.

That boggles my mind in several ways. I don't really know what to say except that we have to defeat them.
01-28-2013, 05:22 PM
This has to be some of the more ridiculous whinging I've heard from Boehner, and that's saying something. Personally, I'm hard-pressed to think of one good reason as to why the Grand Old Party should *not* be 'annihilated.' Are they really anything more than a disturbing and costly nuisance to the nation anymore?
01-28-2013, 06:16 PM
When I read that, I thought that there is a 'lot of hype going on'.
Maybe Boehner is trying to frighten people; get them stirred up and get active and give money. If he actually believes it, he has a problem seeing reality.

With the level of hype we have nowadays, it is hard to get a good reading on what is actually occurring. It almost seems that people will believe almost anything.
01-29-2013, 12:27 AM
Well, when you pipe Fox News into your brain 24/7 with paranoia and fear, fear, fear ......

Or, as the old saying goes:

Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean someone's not out to get ya. Tongue

I'd like to see them voted off the island for good.

I was born a Truman, but you can call me Pat. Wave

"They want to give people like me a two hundred thousand dollar tax cut that’s paid for by asking thirty three seniors to each pay six thousand dollars more in health costs? That’s not right, and it’s not going to happen as long as I’m President." Barack Obama
01-29-2013, 12:40 AM
They're in shock that they couldn't buy the Presidential election, even after the Citizens United ruling.

The GOP will not really begin to learn its lesson until it is brutally punished in the Congressional midterms.

We need to whip them like the rabid dogs they are.

"I'm not a member of any organized party. I'm a Democrat." -Will Rogers