Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Today's Accidental Shootings (blog)
01-27-2013, 04:00 PM
Link

Seriously? Full disclosure: I own a gun. I bought one last year due to being held hostage in my house by a rattlesnake. I did the written test, background check and safety test after the waiting period. I have also done a safety course at the gun range here. I have a great deal of respect for a weapon and mine is locked in a metal gun case. These are not toys! You cannot be careless or reckless with a deadly weapon.

I was born a Truman, but you can call me Pat. Wave

"They want to give people like me a two hundred thousand dollar tax cut that’s paid for by asking thirty three seniors to each pay six thousand dollars more in health costs? That’s not right, and it’s not going to happen as long as I’m President." Barack Obama
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply Return to top

Messages In This Thread
[*]
01-27-2013, 06:36 PM
RE: Today's Accidental Shootings (blog)
In Chicago, the city which serves as a blueprint for the kind of gun control Obama is trying to push on the rest of the country, six people were shot to death and one person was stabbed to death on Saturday night alone.

Among those killed were a 16-year old kid and a 32-year old man, both of whom were gunned down in a double homicide at approximately 5 p.m. The shooting appeared to be random, and witnesses at the scene described seeing one of the bodies just lying in the roadway by a bus stop.

Five hours later, a 38 year-old man was shot and killed and just before midnight, another 32-year old man was stabbed to death.

The bottom line is that gun control isn't working in Chicago. It won't work for the nation as a whole, either.

Either we keep and bear arms as our Founding Fathers intended or we expand the failing Chicago model, where more than 440 school-age children were shot and wounded last year and where seven people lost their lives Saturday night alone.

Were all the above ACCIDENTAL ?

Working so well in Chicago , why shouldn't the whole country be the same ?
01-27-2013, 08:14 PM (This post was last modified: 01-27-2013 08:16 PM by Willinois.)
(01-27-2013 06:36 PM)Bo The Dog Wrote:  In Chicago, the city which serves as a blueprint for the kind of gun control Obama is trying to push on the rest of the country, six people were shot to death and one person was stabbed to death on Saturday night alone.

Among those killed were a 16-year old kid and a 32-year old man, both of whom were gunned down in a double homicide at approximately 5 p.m. The shooting appeared to be random, and witnesses at the scene described seeing one of the bodies just lying in the roadway by a bus stop.

Five hours later, a 38 year-old man was shot and killed and just before midnight, another 32-year old man was stabbed to death.

The bottom line is that gun control isn't working in Chicago. It won't work for the nation as a whole, either.

Either we keep and bear arms as our Founding Fathers intended or we expand the failing Chicago model, where more than 440 school-age children were shot and wounded last year and where seven people lost their lives Saturday night alone.

Bullshit. The few gun laws Chicago did manage to pass have been repeatedly struck down in court. Also, most serious restrictions would have to be passed by the state legislature, and the gun lobby keeps that from happening.

I know this argument is getting passed around a lot in the gun crowd, but it's complete bullshit because Chicago doesn't have serious gun control laws anymore. Reality check: deadly shootings have gun up in Chicago since courts struck down their gun control laws.

You know where the gangs get a lot of their guns? By stealing them from the homes of white people in the suburbs. The scared racist gun nuts are the ones arming a lot of the gang wars by keeping guns in their home.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-28-2013, 05:17 AM
(01-27-2013 06:36 PM)Bo The Dog Wrote:  In Chicago, the city which serves as a blueprint for the kind of gun control Obama is trying to push on the rest of the country, six people were shot to death and one person was stabbed to death on Saturday night alone.

Do you know what a person that sells their body for money is called? Well people that spread lies for the NRA for money get the same name.

Your a whore for the NRA and the gun industry. If your doing it for free then your just a slut. Either way you have blood on your hands.

My apologies to all my female friends here for the language but this "Bo" character can go to hell.

No Justice? No Peace!
01-28-2013, 08:43 PM

Chicago is 16th in gun murders, but you brought it up because you're one of those NRA talking point spammers.

Confirmed, Fox "news" makes you stupid

The ones you are noticing are more terrified than anything else. They are lashing out because they are comfortable; and to acknowledge what is happening is a threat to that comfort. Ignore them, for they are not the voices that will rise in the coming days, months and years. They are not the voices of our collected humanity. They are the old voices of fear and impotence. - Anonymous
01-27-2013, 08:27 PM (This post was last modified: 01-27-2013 08:28 PM by Willinois.)
In case someone doubts me, here's an article on Chicago's gun ban being struck down in 2010. Deadly shootings have gone up significantly since then.

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2010/06/2...277761369/

Last year the NRA won another case for the right to own a gun by people who have been PREVIOUSLY CONVICTED OF UNLAWFUL USE OF A FIREARM. So the NRA is standing up for the rights of gang bangers who missed the first time to get out of jail and shoot again. FUCK YOU NRA!

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2012-...ce-gun-law
01-28-2013, 08:01 PM
(01-27-2013 04:00 PM)Born_A_Truman Wrote:  Link

Seriously? Full disclosure: I own a gun. I bought one last year due to being held hostage in my house by a rattlesnake. I did the written test, background check and safety test after the waiting period. I have also done a safety course at the gun range here. I have a great deal of respect for a weapon and mine is locked in a metal gun case. These are not toys! You cannot be careless or reckless with a deadly weapon.

That's an eye-opening website, and one that I wish more people knew about. It might make more people think twice about getting a gun or at least make them take a safety class before bringing one into their home.

"I give thanks for this perfect day. Miracle will follow miracle and wonders will never cease."

“Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.”
― Carl Sagan
01-29-2013, 12:18 AM
Got a live one here I see. Too bad it is using that name since my dog is named Bo and he would hate seeing someone with so little regard for human life using his name.

Today gun nuts interrupted a grieving father who lost his son at Sandy Hook. Vomit Scum.

"They want to give people like me a two hundred thousand dollar tax cut that’s paid for by asking thirty three seniors to each pay six thousand dollars more in health costs? That’s not right, and it’s not going to happen as long as I’m President." Barack Obama
01-29-2013, 05:38 AM
(01-29-2013 12:18 AM)Born_A_Truman Wrote:  Got a live one here I see. Too bad it is using that name since my dog is named Bo and he would hate seeing someone with so little regard for human life using his name.

Today gun nuts interrupted a grieving father who lost his son at Sandy Hook. Vomit Scum.

He/She/It won't be here long. The poster's masters in the gun industry will insist it move on to ground where there are minds that can be warped by lies and propaganda.

No Justice? No Peace!
01-29-2013, 07:37 AM (This post was last modified: 01-29-2013 07:55 AM by 72ptheriot.)
Will I agree with most of your points but my skin crawls every time you say racist white males. So if yo own a gun and your a white male your a racist. When you label a whole group of people racist there is nothing they can do are say to change that stigma that if thrown on them. I find the term used here a lot. If you don't agree with someone it is just easy to call them a racist. I own guns and a white male and the only time I was ever called a racist was here in this forum. There are many reasons people have guns. Some of mine were given to me by my grandfather after is death. Others were bought to protect my family from people who have promised to kill me and my family. They have made attempts already on my life twice.

When a man that's stabs you and rapes your mother in front of a ten your old kid violently I should add is released from prison already promising his revenge on us for testifying against him I will arm myself. Over the years he was in jail he sent a guy that was a cell mate here that he paid to harm us. His own family have tried many times over the years also. His sister is in jail now because I held her at point after I found her inside my house with a gun.

I do understand the point you are trying to make just wish the racist card wouldn't be played here so much.

I will not give up a single gun till every member of this family is either in jail are died. For thirty years they have tried to harm me and mine. It's not just politicians that need protection for their families.
01-29-2013, 07:52 AM
(01-29-2013 07:37 AM)72ptheriot Wrote:  Will I agree with most of your points but my skin crawls every time you say racist white males. So if yo own a gun and your a white male your a racist. When you label a whole group of people racist there is nothing they can do are say to change that stigma that if thrown on them. I find the term used here a lot. If you don't agree with someone it is just easy to call them a racist. I own guns and a white male and the only time I was ever called a racist was here in this forum. There are many reasons people have guns. Some of mine were given to me by my grandfather after is death. Others were bought to protect my family from people who have promised to kill me and my family. They have made attempts already on my life twice.

When a man that's stabs you and rapes your mother in front of a ten your old kid violently I should add is released from prison already promising his revenge on us for testifying against him I will arm myself. Over the years he was in jail he sent a guy that was a cell mate here that he paid to harm us. His own family have tried many times over the years also. His sister is in jail now because I held her at point after I found her inside my house with a gun.

I do understand the point you are trying to make just wish the racist card wouldn't be played here so much.

Back again? Rolleyes

If you aren't a racist, you wouldn't put yourself in the category of the racist gun nuts that are afraid that the black man in the White House is gonna come get their guns.
01-29-2013, 09:17 AM
(01-29-2013 07:37 AM)72ptheriot Wrote:  Will I agree with most of your points but my skin crawls every time you say racist white males. So if yo own a gun and your a white male your a racist. When you label a whole group of people racist there is nothing they can do are say to change that stigma that if thrown on them. I find the term used here a lot. If you don't agree with someone it is just easy to call them a racist. I own guns and a white male and the only time I was ever called a racist was here in this forum. There are many reasons people have guns. Some of mine were given to me by my grandfather after is death. Others were bought to protect my family from people who have promised to kill me and my family. They have made attempts already on my life twice.

I will not give up a single gun till every member of this family is either in jail are died. For thirty years they have tried to harm me and mine. It's not just politicians that need protection for their families.

White male gun owner here. It would never occur to me that they're describing me. Thus Brewman has said something you need to think about. Why do you think of yourself as a racist? Why is your conscience bothering you?

Confirmed, Fox "news" makes you stupid

The ones you are noticing are more terrified than anything else. They are lashing out because they are comfortable; and to acknowledge what is happening is a threat to that comfort. Ignore them, for they are not the voices that will rise in the coming days, months and years. They are not the voices of our collected humanity. They are the old voices of fear and impotence. - Anonymous
01-29-2013, 02:31 PM
(01-29-2013 07:37 AM)72ptheriot Wrote:  Will I agree with most of your points but my skin crawls every time you say racist white males.

I didn't write "all" gun owners and I didn't mention males. I wrote about scared white people in the suburbs.
If someone moves out of the city into the suburbs and buys a lot of guns because they're scared and because they don't want to live around "those people" then there's a pretty good chance they're racist. White flight is real. And it's not hard to see the patterns of racism in a lot of the literature by gun groups. There's a weekly Gun News in my area and it's pretty easy to see the pattern of story after story about white people using guns to protect themselves from minorities. It's never the other way around.

I don't stereotype all gun owners, but we should be honest that fear and racism are a big part of white gun culture.
01-29-2013, 06:48 PM
(01-29-2013 02:31 PM)Willinois Wrote:  I didn't write "all" gun owners and I didn't mention males. I wrote about scared white people in the suburbs.
If someone moves out of the city into the suburbs and buys a lot of guns because they're scared and because they don't want to live around "those people" then there's a pretty good chance they're racist. White flight is real. And it's not hard to see the patterns of racism in a lot of the literature by gun groups. There's a weekly Gun News in my area and it's pretty easy to see the pattern of story after story about white people using guns to protect themselves from minorities. It's never the other way around.

I don't stereotype all gun owners, but we should be honest that fear and racism are a big part of white gun culture.

Like this one??

A 69-year-old war veteran and former missionary was arrested over the weekend on the suspicion of killing a 22-year-old Cuban immigrant who mistakenly arrived in his driveway because of faulty GPS directions.

Raw Story (http://s.tt/1z5Uh)

01-29-2013, 11:46 PM
(01-29-2013 06:48 PM)Born_A_Truman Wrote:  Like this one??

A 69-year-old war veteran and former missionary was arrested over the weekend on the suspicion of killing a 22-year-old Cuban immigrant who mistakenly arrived in his driveway because of faulty GPS directions.

Raw Story (http://s.tt/1z5Uh)

Wow. Someone so scared and paranoid that he shot someone for no reason at all. He probably watches Fox News all day.
01-29-2013, 08:10 AM
Just been lurking and learning not posting. Keeping low after the beaten I got from Suzie. Lol I know she has it in for me but I love her passion.
01-29-2013, 01:40 PM (This post was last modified: 01-29-2013 01:46 PM by 72ptheriot.)
It's a guilty conscience I have. When someone says something was stolen I check my pockets.lol. Your right spoon I shouldn't take it that way but like I said I already had that term thrown at me here so maybe I'm a little quick on the draw. Beside didn't mean to get off topic.

Will is right though. If you own a gun you have a responsibility to keep them safe. Maybe fine the owners that are neglecting to lock them up properly. If you have a gun stolen from your home and it was from a safe someone worked at for hour you should be fined. There has to be some kind of punishment for not being responsible for not properly securing you guns
01-29-2013, 03:44 PM
(01-29-2013 02:31 PM)Willinois Wrote:  
(01-29-2013 07:37 AM)72ptheriot Wrote:  Will I agree with most of your points but my skin crawls every time you say racist white males.

I didn't write "all" gun owners and I didn't mention males. I wrote about scared white people in the suburbs.

Your right Will I knee jerked. People like Alex Jones are to blame for most of the fear out there.