Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Sen. Tom Harkin (D-Iowa) to retire
01-26-2013, 12:42 PM
Sad Sen. Tom Harkin (D-Iowa) to retire
It’s just time to step aside,” Harkin, 73, told the Associated Press, noting that he would be 81 by the end of another term. Multiple Democratic aides have confirmed the decision, and the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee has issued a statement.

Harkin’s decision makes him the third senator up for reelection this cycle to announce his retirement. Sens. Jay Rockefeller (D-W.Va.) and Saxby Chambliss (R-Ga.) have both announced they will not seek another term.

===

He will be missed!!

I was born a Truman, but you can call me Pat. Wave

"They want to give people like me a two hundred thousand dollar tax cut that’s paid for by asking thirty three seniors to each pay six thousand dollars more in health costs? That’s not right, and it’s not going to happen as long as I’m President." Barack Obama
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply Return to top

Messages In This Thread
[*]
01-26-2013, 12:45 PM
RE: Sen. Tom Harkin (D-Iowa) to retire
From the same article ^^^

Quote:On the GOP side, Rep. Steve King (R-Iowa) has expressed interest in running for Senate, though he may be a little too conservative for the party leadership’s taste. Rep. Tom Latham (R-Iowa) could also be in the mix.

Vomit

I was born a Truman, but you can call me Pat. Wave

"They want to give people like me a two hundred thousand dollar tax cut that’s paid for by asking thirty three seniors to each pay six thousand dollars more in health costs? That’s not right, and it’s not going to happen as long as I’m President." Barack Obama
Find all posts by this user
01-26-2013, 02:29 PM
I think it will be tough to keep Iowa. Maybe Tom Vilsack will run, he could probably win.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-26-2013, 05:20 PM
He's a guy who won't be easily replaced, especially with the kind of candidates the DC party establishment like to recruit.
01-26-2013, 06:24 PM
Yeah Tom Vilsack is no Tom Harkin - and will there be no more Harkin Steak Fry? sniff sniff