Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
For the love of Mike, here we go again
01-25-2013, 08:10 PM
For the love of Mike, here we go again
Am watching The Ed Show this evening, and can't help but suggest that Ed slow down and think a little. On this show, he was screaming about Dems left and right -- Reid has betrayed us, Eric Holder is incompetent, etc., etc.

The ink is barely dry on the Inauguration Proclamation, and already, Ed is whipping his audience into a rage against the administration and Senate through not only his television show, but also his radio show. Haven't we learned anything from the damage we did to ourselves leading up to 2010? Apparently not. There is a way to discuss these things on 'the professional left' that is constructive, not destructive. Please, Ed, calm the eff down.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply Return to top

Messages In This Thread
[*]
01-25-2013, 08:26 PM
RE: For the love of Mike, here we go again
Yep ... aren't there enough hair-brained GOP schemes to rant about??

I was born a Truman, but you can call me Pat. Wave

"They want to give people like me a two hundred thousand dollar tax cut that’s paid for by asking thirty three seniors to each pay six thousand dollars more in health costs? That’s not right, and it’s not going to happen as long as I’m President." Barack Obama
01-25-2013, 09:09 PM
(01-25-2013 08:26 PM)Born_A_Truman Wrote:  Yep ... aren't there enough hair-brained GOP schemes to rant about??

Indeed, no shortage there. And to be clear, I'm not saying don't talk about our own weaknesses, but look at the big picture and don't have the usual suspects on who are no doubt wearing old "Kucinich 2012" t-shirts under their clothes.
01-26-2013, 02:47 AM
(01-25-2013 08:10 PM)janedrake Wrote:  Am watching The Ed Show this evening, and can't help but suggest that Ed slow down and think a little. On this show, he was screaming about Dems left and right -- Reid has betrayed us, Eric Holder is incompetent, etc., etc.

The ink is barely dry on the Inauguration Proclamation, and already, Ed is whipping his audience into a rage against the administration and Senate through not only his television show, but also his radio show. Haven't we learned anything from the damage we did to ourselves leading up to 2010? Apparently not. There is a way to discuss these things on 'the professional left' that is constructive, not destructive. Please, Ed, calm the eff down.

I watched that too and thought the same thing.

"Understand that the more deeply you hold your ideals,
the more you are morally obligated to be pragmatic...Idealism without pragmatism
is just a way to flatter your ego." -Barney Frank
01-26-2013, 05:56 AM
While I quietly rage about Harry Reid I do not need any more negativity force fed to me by my "allies" on the left. As a result I have almost completely blocked out the MSNBC lineup for most of the week. The surprising exception has been Lawrence O'Donnell who doesn't seem to be in as deep a funk as the rest.

GOTV in 2014
01-26-2013, 07:35 PM
Did 2010 teach them nothing???

I was born a Truman, but you can call me Pat. Wave

"They want to give people like me a two hundred thousand dollar tax cut that’s paid for by asking thirty three seniors to each pay six thousand dollars more in health costs? That’s not right, and it’s not going to happen as long as I’m President." Barack Obama
01-26-2013, 07:44 PM
Glad that we stopped watching Ed back after the debates.
01-27-2013, 02:42 AM
I can't watch him. I don't want a left version of Rush's outraged bellowing. Some people enjoy the perpetual outrage. Cenk and Olbermann were launched when MSNBC realized the audience for left anti-Obama griping is pretty small. I guess they wanted to keep one around.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user