Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Cry me a frickin' river, Phil Mickelson
01-22-2013, 01:48 PM
Cry me a frickin' river, Phil Mickelson
Quote:Mega-Rich Professional Golfer Complains That Paying Higher Taxes ‘Doesn’t Work For Me Right Now’

As governments at both the federal and local levels attempt to cut down budget deficits, taxes are going up on wealthy Americans like superstar professional golfer Phil Mickelson. The federal tax rate returned to its Clinton-era levels for income above $450,000 at the beginning of 2013, and voters in California, where Mickelson lives, approved a three percentage point tax increase on incomes above $1 million in November.

Such increases have helped — California is projecting a budget surplus for the first time since 2007. But for Mickelson, who made more than $40 million in tournament winnings and endorsements in 2012, the higher tax rates are a reason for “drastic changes,”...

Meanwhile, the amount of taxes paid by the wealthy has plummeted over the last two decades, even as states like California face budget deficits that force them to cut spending on education, public safety, and poverty and children’s programs. And while he complains about his burdensome tax rate, the average California household would have to spend the next 775 years working to make what he made last year alone.

http://thinkprogress.org/economy/2013/01...her-taxes/

"I give thanks for this perfect day. Miracle will follow miracle and wonders will never cease."

“Christmas isn't just a day. It's a frame of mind.”
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply Return to top

Messages In This Thread
[*]
01-22-2013, 02:05 PM
RE: Cry me a frickin' river, Phil Mickelson
All I can think of are his arthritis drug commercials where he says he finally realized what real arthritic pain was like.

Now he is worried about the pain of taxes. Well Phil, how about some concern for the poor victims of arthritis that depend on Medicaid and Medicare for their treatment. There are thousands that cannot afford that drug you are paid to push. There are thousands more for whom the expense of treatment may drive them into financial hardship if not bankruptcy.

I was a fan of yours Phil. I used to root for you to do well. Never again. You are just another spoiled and pampered athlete.

Epic Fail = GOTV in 2014
01-22-2013, 03:49 PM
Phil Mickelson: "ZOMG! I gotta pay more in taxes! How will I make ends meet?" [Image: sad0002.gif]

Seriously? When your income is in the 8-digit range, you have no fucking reason to whine about your fucking taxes! He and the rest of the rich rat bastards that don't want to pay taxes (not to mention having the resources to hide a lot of that money) can have a nice plate of [Image: mad0040.gif]
01-22-2013, 06:19 PM
(01-22-2013 03:49 PM)Brewman_Jax Wrote:  Phil Mickelson: "ZOMG! I gotta pay more in taxes! How will I make ends meet?" [Image: sad0002.gif]

Seriously? When your income is in the 8-digit range, you have no fucking reason to whine about your fucking taxes! He and the rest of the rich rat bastards that don't want to pay taxes (not to mention having the resources to hide a lot of that money) can have a nice plate of [Image: mad0040.gif]

I think that sums up my thoughts on the matter.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user