Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Mitt wouldn't even watch
01-22-2013, 07:06 AM
Mitt wouldn't even watch
Iheard this mentioned yesterday and now addictinginfo.com has more on the story.

Quote:It is a tradition for the runner-up in any presidential election to be honored on the day that the President is sworn in. You can look through the history books and find dinners in honor of John McCain, John Kerry and Al Gore; you have to go back to Bob Dole to find one who did not at least attend festivities, although Dole himself was in D.C. on that day and held private events. To find a defeated opponent completely snubbing the inauguration, one has to go back to Walter Mondale in 1985, who left Washington D.C. prior to Ronald Reagan’s second inauguration.

[....]

That is their reporting but they go further and editorialize:

Quote:So now we have a Republican party left without any leadership. Had Romney shown up, it would have been a sign that he could remain a leader in the party. Instead, his absence leaves the party adrift, teetering on collapse. The party’s open embrace of unpopular positions leaves them with little option but to rig elections, something they no longer even try to hide in their attempt to manipulate the process of putting someone in the White House.

The Republican Party is in decline; it could be said they were in the “sunset period.” The party refuses to adapt, to evolve, to the changing demographics of the United States. As a result, they are falling apart, as millions flee the party. If they do not resolve their issues soon, they will become the new Whig party, or the Know Nothings. Their strategy to create a permanent majority in the 1990s has, instead of ensuring the GOP sole rule of the United States, created the conditions which will lead the party to its destruction.

So the question now becomes, who will replace them?

I couldn't agree more with their conclusions!

Epic Fail = GOTV in 2014
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply Return to top

Messages In This Thread
Mitt wouldn't even watch #1 - pappy - 01-22-2013, 07:06 AM
RE: Mitt wouldn't even watch #2 - Brewman_Jax - 01-22-2013, 07:21 AM
RE: Mitt wouldn't even watch #3 - pappy - 01-22-2013, 07:24 AM
RE: Mitt wouldn't even watch #4 - Born_A_Truman - 01-22-2013, 08:00 AM
RE: Mitt wouldn't even watch #5 - azmouse - 01-22-2013, 08:09 AM
RE: Mitt wouldn't even watch #6 - Fire1 - 01-22-2013, 05:45 PM
RE: Mitt wouldn't even watch #7 - achieve - 01-24-2013, 06:24 AM
[*]
01-22-2013, 07:21 AM
RE: Mitt wouldn't even watch
Full-of-Mitt and Ann have shown their lack of class and compassion. I'm glad that they were somewhere else. Smile
01-22-2013, 07:24 AM
(01-22-2013 07:21 AM)Brewman_Jax Wrote:  Full-of-Mitt and Ann have shown their lack of class and compassion. I'm glad that they were somewhere else. Smile

I agree!

Epic Fail = GOTV in 2014
01-22-2013, 08:00 AM
I never got the impression he was the head of the GOP even when he got the nomination. I think choosing Ryan as his running mate made him think he could win over his party--but I don't believe anyone thought he was their leader.

Not only that, I don't think he wanted to lead the party--he just felt he was entitled to be POTUS and the GOP was his only route.

I was born a Truman, but you can call me Pat. Wave

"They want to give people like me a two hundred thousand dollar tax cut that’s paid for by asking thirty three seniors to each pay six thousand dollars more in health costs? That’s not right, and it’s not going to happen as long as I’m President." Barack Obama
01-22-2013, 08:09 AM
Mitt never got over losing the election to someone he considered an inferior.
Good riddance.

"I give thanks for this perfect day. Miracle will follow miracle and wonders will never cease."

“Christmas isn't just a day. It's a frame of mind.”
01-22-2013, 05:45 PM
I could've told you that! In fact, I told my husband Romney and Miss Ann were two people NOT watching.
01-24-2013, 06:24 AM
I knew Romney and his family would not watch the inauguration, or even acknowledge it. They think they were 'entitled' to unseat our President Obama. They fell that they are superior over people of color.

BUT truth is, ALL men are created equal, and no race is superior over another.

President Obama beat McCain and he beat Romney, and they both can't get over the fact that an African American man handed them their @sses.