Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
NRA Fueled Loonies Are Now Threatening Democratic Members of Congress
01-20-2013, 02:10 PM
Quote:Rep. Richard Nolan is the first Democratic to go the record describing the thinly veiled threats that he is getting from NRA members who are being misled on gun control.

(This is a quote from his appearance on the show Up With Chris Hayes)
Rep Nolan (D-MN) said, “Chris, I think it would be a mistake, however, to underestimate the kind of toxic effect that the NRA is having. I have never, ever in all my life feared for my security, and I’m not fearful of it now. But I’m a little more than I ever had been before. We’ve been getting a lot of not very thinly veiled threats and calls into my office. You know, things like, ‘you tell Nolan he better watch his back. Nobody has actually come out and said they’re gunning for me, but the messages are quite angry, vitriolic, and a little bit frightening to people at my front desk who have been taking the calls. So, I’m a little nervous about it. I’ve never been nervous before. They’re very toxic in the effect they’re having on the American public.”

This is straight out of the right’s playbook. We have now moved on to the part of the process when the Republican base has been whipped into fear by the NRA and their Fox News led conservative media, so they are now threatening Democratic members of Congress.

http://www.politicususa.com/nra-fueled-l...gress.html

"When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time, they can seem invincible, but in the end, they always fall. Think of it--always.”
― Mahatma Gandhi

#NotMyPresident
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply Return to top

Messages In This Thread
[*]
01-21-2013, 12:47 AM
RE: NRA Fueled Loonies Are Now Threatening Democratic Members of Congress
It's getting even nastier out there.

Silence is consent.
01-21-2013, 10:14 AM
(01-21-2013 12:47 AM)SeattleGirl Wrote:  It's getting even nastier out there.

I predicted that it would get worse and this is just the initial foreshadowing I am afraid.

The NRA spent the first four years laying the groundwork for the possibility that an event like Newtown would change the political landscape and move the country to demand action. The foreboding image they drew of Obama waiting for his second term to come after their guns was so that now they could rally the "troops" and say "we told you so"!

#NMP
01-21-2013, 12:53 PM
I am waiting for a few of these 2nd ammendment nuts to get exactly what they are preparing for ... and it won't be pretty.

I was born a Truman, but you can call me Pat. Wave

"They want to give people like me a two hundred thousand dollar tax cut that’s paid for by asking thirty three seniors to each pay six thousand dollars more in health costs? That’s not right, and it’s not going to happen as long as I’m President." Barack Obama
01-21-2013, 05:53 PM
There needs to be someone on the right telling these people to calm down no one is coming for your guns. There are so many talking heads out there stirring up fear. Just one should step up and inform these people and to holt some of the anger coming from the NRA.

I have guns and grew up with them and learned to respect them. In Jr High we learned to shoot skeet with a 20 gauge and archery. I do have a carry concealed permit because of threats on my life. I have taken several classes on proper handling. I have no fear of gun confiscation but their are plenty of people who do. I hear it from people around here and try to inform them that's not happening, calm down.