Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
THE LENGTH OF A FUCKING SANDWICH IS NOT NEWS!
01-18-2013, 12:31 AM
It was on the national news tonight. It's on the cable networks. It's a poll on the website of my daily newspaper.

Has everyone in the press lost their damn minds?! Real news is happening and you're ignoring it to cover this bullshit! Screen_of_death

I will watch any network that doesn't try to tell me the Subway "scandal" is actual news. Right now I believe that limits me to PBS, BBC, and Al-Jazeera.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply Return to top

Messages In This Thread
THE LENGTH OF A FUCKING SANDWICH IS NOT NEWS! #1 - Willinois - 01-18-2013, 12:31 AM
[*]
01-18-2013, 12:34 AM
RE: THE LENGTH OF A FUCKING SANDWICH IS NOT NEWS!
I feel better now that I expressed that. Spock-smiley
01-18-2013, 01:00 AM
I just saw this story on my homepage news feed and the only reason I paid any attention to it was because my niece manages a Subway store. I don't know why, but it never occurred to me to measure a sandwich.

"Understand that the more deeply you hold your ideals,
the more you are morally obligated to be pragmatic...Idealism without pragmatism
is just a way to flatter your ego." -Barney Frank
Find all posts by this user
01-18-2013, 01:14 AM
I saw it this morning. I responded that I bet more people would be outraged over sandwich size than dead children at the hands of assault weapons.
01-18-2013, 05:48 AM
I am outraged. To think that for years I have been getting one inch less bread in my sandwich. Just think of all the useless calories I have missed out on.

Who do I sue?

I think I'll go to McDonald's and weigh the patty in a Quarter Pounder. I'll bet it isn't a 1/4 of a pound.

No Justice? No Peace!
01-18-2013, 08:29 AM
I saw this "news story" on my local news station and thought 'wtf! how is this news'?

Then I remembered all the so-called news items about McDonald's menu changes, and Starbucks calorie counts, and additions to the Facebook website, and new smart phones be introduced, ad nauseam.

But then I was hopeful that if there was time for this pointless dreck did that mean that war had been ended, the hungry were fed, the homeless housed, the afflicted were comforted?

I guess not.

"I give thanks for this perfect day. Miracle will follow miracle and wonders will never cease."

“Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.”
― Carl Sagan
01-18-2013, 10:03 PM
(01-18-2013 08:29 AM)azmouse Wrote:  I saw this "news story" on my local news station and thought 'wtf! how is this news'?

Then I remembered all the so-called news items about McDonald's menu changes, and Starbucks calorie counts, and additions to the Facebook website, and new smart phones be introduced, ad nauseam.

But then I was hopeful that if there was time for this pointless dreck did that mean that war had been ended, the hungry were fed, the homeless housed, the afflicted were comforted?

I guess not.

Whenever I watch a corporate news cast, or especially a morning show, I'm amazed by how much of it is just advertising masquerading as news. It's pathetic.
01-19-2013, 12:26 AM
(01-18-2013 10:03 PM)Willinois Wrote:  Whenever I watch a corporate news cast, or especially a morning show, I'm amazed by how much of it is just advertising masquerading as news. It's pathetic.

On that note, my favorite of all time is Oprah Winfrey building her school in Africa because she's offended that young African American kids want consumer products instead of books and school uniforms. From the woman who has made her entire fortune selling shit to people and telling people how great life is with all her "Favorite Things". Gosh, wonder where all these kids got the idea that life is about "stuff".
01-19-2013, 08:24 AM
(01-19-2013 12:26 AM)sandnsea Wrote:  
(01-18-2013 10:03 PM)Willinois Wrote:  Whenever I watch a corporate news cast, or especially a morning show, I'm amazed by how much of it is just advertising masquerading as news. It's pathetic.

On that note, my favorite of all time is Oprah Winfrey building her school in Africa because she's offended that young African American kids want consumer products instead of books and school uniforms. From the woman who has made her entire fortune selling shit to people and telling people how great life is with all her "Favorite Things". Gosh, wonder where all these kids got the idea that life is about "stuff".

While that's ironic and true, there have been very few leaders with a lasting impact who lived like Jesus.

Confirmed, Fox "news" makes you stupid

The ones you are noticing are more terrified than anything else. They are lashing out because they are comfortable; and to acknowledge what is happening is a threat to that comfort. Ignore them, for they are not the voices that will rise in the coming days, months and years. They are not the voices of our collected humanity. They are the old voices of fear and impotence. - Anonymous
01-18-2013, 09:24 AM
I hear you, Willinois -- had thought the same thing. Now that it's garnered so much underserved attention, the next story will no doubt be that a class-action suit has been filed against Subway.
01-18-2013, 07:23 PM
I hadn't heard about this till I saw this post.

$5 dollar .916666666 x footlong!

Confirmed, Fox "news" makes you stupid

The ones you are noticing are more terrified than anything else. They are lashing out because they are comfortable; and to acknowledge what is happening is a threat to that comfort. Ignore them, for they are not the voices that will rise in the coming days, months and years. They are not the voices of our collected humanity. They are the old voices of fear and impotence. - Anonymous
01-18-2013, 08:25 PM
A 2'x4' isn't 2'x4' either. Ever try and buy one even gallon of gas? roflmao

But, but, but. Manti Te'o had a fake girlfriend!!!

Look over here!!!! Wave

I was born a Truman, but you can call me Pat. Wave

"They want to give people like me a two hundred thousand dollar tax cut that’s paid for by asking thirty three seniors to each pay six thousand dollars more in health costs? That’s not right, and it’s not going to happen as long as I’m President." Barack Obama
01-19-2013, 09:53 AM
Had to look up the...brouhaha...

Seriously? That's the best they can do for news? Like a Quarter-Pounder is really a quarter of a pound. Facepalm
01-19-2013, 10:22 AM
(01-19-2013 09:53 AM)Brewman_Jax Wrote:  Had to look up the...brouhaha...

Seriously? That's the best they can do for news? Like a Quarter-Pounder* is really a quarter of a pound. Facepalm

*pre-cooked weight.
01-19-2013, 01:19 PM
(01-19-2013 10:22 AM)There Is No Spoon Wrote:  
(01-19-2013 09:53 AM)Brewman_Jax Wrote:  Had to look up the...brouhaha...

Seriously? That's the best they can do for news? Like a Quarter-Pounder* is really a quarter of a pound. Facepalm

*pre-cooked weight.

"Foot-Long Sandwich"*

*pre-measured length

No Justice? No Peace!
01-19-2013, 12:03 PM
Hey Coke doesn't even have any cocaine in it. Boo
01-19-2013, 05:32 PM
Gosh, I feel all left out and stuff, because I didn't get a news alert on my phone about this! Harrumph! Cry

Silence is consent.
01-20-2013, 03:36 PM
That's it!!

I'm picketing Safeway because the Thousand Island Dressing I bought there only has oil from 998 islands.

"I'm not a member of any organized party. I'm a Democrat." -Will Rogers
01-20-2013, 04:35 PM
(01-20-2013 03:36 PM)MilesColtrane Wrote:  That's it!!

I'm picketing Safeway because the Thousand Island Dressing I bought there only has oil from 998 islands.

It's Obama's fault because he hasn't allowed any off shore drilling.

No Justice? No Peace!