Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Corporations are people
01-16-2013, 10:07 PM
Corporations are people
I'm trying to link to a video but can't seem to get it to link. Anyway the story is a man drove in the HOV lane alone and was pulled over. The trick comes in when the police tried to ticket him he stated that he wasn't alone that he had his corporation papers with him on the seat. The law states corporations are people so he wasn't alone. This older fellow is wanting to fight this in court. Not sure how he will fair. Curious to see how a judge would rule on this. Just to avoid the courts from ruling the ticketing officer probably won't show up.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply Return to top

Messages In This Thread
[*]
01-16-2013, 11:22 PM
RE: Corporations are people
I heard about that incident - pretty funny. You should be able to simply paste in a link for a video if it's youtube or other popular sites.
01-17-2013, 12:58 AM
Driver fights carpool lane ticket, claims corporation was passenger
I think that was posted here, in fact, I thought I posted it, but I checked and it seems I didn't, probably because someone else did, but either way, here's a link (http://www.marinscope.com/news_pointer/n...63f4.html) about the story and it's outcome, apparently last week he went to court on the ticket, and let's just say, he has 30 days to appeal - and I hope he does!

"Understand that the more deeply you hold your ideals,
the more you are morally obligated to be pragmatic...Idealism without pragmatism
is just a way to flatter your ego." -Barney Frank
01-17-2013, 01:51 PM
RE: Driver fights carpool lane ticket, claims corporation was passenger
(01-17-2013 12:58 AM)PoliticalTiger Wrote:  I think that was posted here, in fact, I thought I posted it, but I checked and it seems I didn't, probably because someone else did, but either way, here's a link (http://www.marinscope.com/news_pointer/n...63f4.html) about the story and it's outcome, apparently last week he went to court on the ticket, and let's just say, he has 30 days to appeal - and I hope he does!

Probably not needed now, but here's the link to my DFP post on this story -- I love this guy, lol:

http://democratsforprogress.com/forum/sh...?tid=21034
01-17-2013, 07:15 AM
Corporations are people
Sorry tiger I missed that one. That's for the link. It was sent to me by email and wouldn't link to it.
01-17-2013, 04:19 PM
Corporations are people
It's just a smart way to be an activist.