Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Lance Armstrong Confessed Doping During Oprah Interview
01-15-2013, 11:35 AM
Lance Armstrong Confessed Doping During Oprah Interview
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/14...d=webmail1

From the article:
Quote:Lance Armstrong ended a decade of denial by confessing to Oprah Winfrey that he used performance-enhancing drugs to win the Tour de France, a person familiar with the situation told The Associated Press.

The admission Monday came hours after an emotional apology by Armstrong to the Livestrong charity that he founded and turned into a global institution on the strength of his celebrity as a cancer survivor.

The person spoke on condition of anonymity because the interview is to be broadcast Thursday on Winfrey's network. She tweeted afterward, "Just wrapped with (at)lancearmstrong More than 2 1/2 hours. He came READY!" She was scheduled to appear on "CBS This Morning" on Tuesday to discuss the interview.

The confession was a stunning reversal for Armstrong after years of public statements, interviews and court battles in which he denied doping and zealously protected his reputation.

Looks like he finally confessed.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply Return to top

Messages In This Thread
[*]
01-15-2013, 12:07 PM
RE: Lance Armstrong Confessed Doping During Oprah Interview
I never believed him when he lied about his drug use. Never. And I was surprised when so many defended him vehemently when he was stripped of his titles. I wonder if they'll apologize for being so easily duped?

"I give thanks for this perfect day. Miracle will follow miracle and wonders will never cease."

“Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.”
― Carl Sagan
01-15-2013, 07:52 PM
When a massive conspiracy like this is kept under wraps for decades, makes you wonder how much else really does go on. He must have some real issues to keep doing this when he could have just stayed retired and never had any attention drawn to it. So many cheaters in this world standing up there telling everybody else how to succeed.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-15-2013, 09:38 PM
I never really believed him much either. In cases like that, where there's smoke there's usually fire. He's taking a big chance. He seems to want to get back into the sport, but I'm not sure if going on Oprah and confessing is the way to go about it.

And the Justice Department is looking into various charges against him, and I'm not sure they're gonna say 'well, he confessed to Oprah, let's drop the cases.'

"Understand that the more deeply you hold your ideals,
the more you are morally obligated to be pragmatic...Idealism without pragmatism
is just a way to flatter your ego." -Barney Frank
01-15-2013, 11:09 PM
undefined

Silence is consent.
01-16-2013, 01:35 AM
(01-15-2013 11:09 PM)SeattleGirl Wrote:  undefined

That's easy for you to say! Wink

"Understand that the more deeply you hold your ideals,
the more you are morally obligated to be pragmatic...Idealism without pragmatism
is just a way to flatter your ego." -Barney Frank