Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Piers Morgan Interviews Alex Jones, Gun Advocate
01-08-2013, 02:18 AM
This is the first segment. Alex Jones is the guy who started the White House petition to have Piers Morgan deported. This guy did more for gun control in 5 minutes than all the gun control groups have done in 10 years. Cuckoobananas!!

http://youtu.be/AtyKofFih8Y
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply Return to top

Messages In This Thread
[*]
01-08-2013, 03:54 AM
RE: Piers Morgan Interviews Alex Jones, Gun Advocate
Wow that was level 10 batshit! I've seen his stuff posted on facebook by a couple of friends who like conspiracy theories. Jones gets shot down pretty fast.
01-08-2013, 01:01 PM
I'd repost the video but I can't figure out why it doesn't work in the first place.
01-08-2013, 05:17 PM
(01-08-2013 01:01 PM)sandnsea Wrote:  I'd repost the video but I can't figure out why it doesn't work in the first place.

Fixed it for you. Basically all you have to do is dump the Youtube link in the post and it will work.

Confirmed, Fox "news" makes you stupid

The ones you are noticing are more terrified than anything else. They are lashing out because they are comfortable; and to acknowledge what is happening is a threat to that comfort. Ignore them, for they are not the voices that will rise in the coming days, months and years. They are not the voices of our collected humanity. They are the old voices of fear and impotence. - Anonymous
Find all posts by this user
01-08-2013, 01:18 PM
Would it be crazy to consider letting the States decide? If one state want tougher gun laws then so be it. If you are from that state you can't buy a gun in another state. People could decide to live where they are comfortable. I know some people don't have a choice with work and family but just a thought. We have a different laws from state to state already.
01-08-2013, 01:27 PM
(01-08-2013 01:18 PM)72ptheriot Wrote:  Would it be crazy to consider letting the States decide? If one state want tougher gun laws then so be it. If you are from that state you can't buy a gun in another state. People could decide to live where they are comfortable. I know some people don't have a choice with work and family but just a thought. We have a different laws from state to state already.

States can decide. But that doesn't stop interstate transport and sales and the black market. Right now, a small town a couple counties south of me is having the craziest streak of violence I've ever seen. It's been going on for months. All kinds of gun stand-offs, the police fired 50 bullets into a guy on Christmas day. They're gun nuts. That's what that kind of thinking causes. It's only a matter of time before there's some kind of mass shooting down there. Getting these assault rifles off the streets won't stop all of the crime down there, but at least it might prevent innocents from being killed on vacation or something.
01-08-2013, 02:23 PM
(01-08-2013 01:18 PM)72ptheriot Wrote:  Would it be crazy to consider letting the States decide? If one state want tougher gun laws then so be it. If you are from that state you can't buy a gun in another state. People could decide to live where they are comfortable. I know some people don't have a choice with work and family but just a thought. We have a different laws from state to state already.

We are one nation, not 50 nations. In our national Constitution we have a 2nd amendment that should be used to govern across the entire nation not 50 different ways for each of the 50 states. Constitutionally it is not left to the states to decide this issue.

The 10th Amendment reads:

Quote:The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

In so far as the 2nd Amendment stipulates that a "well regulated militia" is necessary for the security of the nation. You will notice that it makes no mention of a militia being necessary to protect the security of the individual states. The National Guard is officially an arm of the states and is considered a regulated militia. They exist, however, at the direction of the national government and are subject to call up "to execute the Laws of the Union, suppress Insurrections and repel Invasion."

No state may issue laws that would conflict with these aspects of the Constitution that give that authority over the militias and the arms necessary for them specifically to the national government.

As SnS also noted, there is the factor of interstate commerce to consider. Mayor Bloomberg of NYC has stated often (and the statistics of gun violence in his city back him up) that the primary source of illegal guns being used in crime in his city came from out of state where they were purchased legally and then transported across state lines into NY.

New York cannot stop the sales of guns in other states. They also cannot set up check points such as we have in our ports to check for illegal cargo entering the state. Interstate commerce is regulated by the federal government and therefore only federal laws and enforcement agencies can prohibit such gun trafficking in the absence of strong federal laws regulating the sales of guns uniformly in all states.

It is up to Congress to pass tough laws regarding the regulation, sales and transport of guns and it is up to SCOTUS to definitively rule to make clear that the 2nd Amendment does not give carte blanche to individuals to own anykind of weapon or in any number that they wish.

GOTV in 2014
01-08-2013, 04:43 PM
Good points pappy. I just thought gun laws very already from state to state. Dumb idea I knew it won't take long before someone here show me how dumb it was. Lol
01-08-2013, 05:21 PM
What's whacked about Alex Jones was the people/whackos on sites like Progressive Independent that thought he was so awesome for his crazy 9/11 conspiracy theories.

Confirmed, Fox "news" makes you stupid

The ones you are noticing are more terrified than anything else. They are lashing out because they are comfortable; and to acknowledge what is happening is a threat to that comfort. Ignore them, for they are not the voices that will rise in the coming days, months and years. They are not the voices of our collected humanity. They are the old voices of fear and impotence. - Anonymous
01-08-2013, 05:39 PM
(01-08-2013 05:21 PM)There Is No Spoon Wrote:  What's whacked about Alex Jones was the people/whackos on sites like Progressive Independent that thought he was so awesome for his crazy 9/11 conspiracy theories.

I figured that would be coming, along with this comments about governments killing the most people. Are his comments about "democide" in this segment?
01-08-2013, 05:52 PM
My gawd, but that guy is more whacked out than I thought he was!

Silence is consent.
01-08-2013, 07:48 PM
The crazy thing is he has millions of listeners.