Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Wendy’s Franchise Cuts Employee Hours To Part-Time To Avoid Obamacare
01-07-2013, 09:39 PM
Wendy’s Franchise Cuts Employee Hours To Part-Time To Avoid Obamacare
Not long after the owner of the Olive Garden and Red Lobster chains admitted their anti-Obamacare campaigns hurt more than helped, the owner of a Wendy’s franchise in Omaha, Nebraska plans to cut 300 employees’ hours to part-time to avoid providing them health care coverage.

By moving workers to part-time status in order to avoid paying for their health benefits, the Wendy’s franchise would shift the costs of insurance coverage onto hundreds of employees:

The company has announced that all non-management positions will have their hours reduced to 28 a week. Gary Burdette, vice president of operations for the local franchise, says the cuts are coming because the new Affordable Health Care Act requires employers to offer health insurance to employees working 32-38 hours a week. Under the current law they are not considered full time and that as a small business owner, he can’t afford to stay in operation and pay for everyone’s health insurance.

{....}

http://thinkprogress.org/health/2013/01/...?mobile=nc

"Understand that the more deeply you hold your ideals,
the more you are morally obligated to be pragmatic...Idealism without pragmatism
is just a way to flatter your ego." -Barney Frank
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply Return to top

Messages In This Thread
[*]
01-07-2013, 11:13 PM
RE: Wendy’s Franchise Cuts Employee Hours To Part-Time To Avoid Obamacare
I hope all the businesses that do this announce it publicly so I know who to boycott.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-08-2013, 12:39 AM
(01-07-2013 11:13 PM)Willinois Wrote:  I hope all the businesses that do this announce it publicly so I know who to boycott.

You'd think they'd have enough sense not to do this after the fierce backlash against Papa John's, Denny's and Olive Garden. It's just bad business, but these ones doing it hate Obama more than they even love money, and they really love money.

"Understand that the more deeply you hold your ideals,
the more you are morally obligated to be pragmatic...Idealism without pragmatism
is just a way to flatter your ego." -Barney Frank
01-08-2013, 06:26 PM
I don't eat fast food. It's crap.
But I feel bad for the employees of this company. I hope they can all quit and find better jobs.

"I give thanks for this perfect day. Miracle will follow miracle and wonders will never cease."

There's nothing more reassuring then realizing the world is crazier than you are.