Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
A Letter from a Marine to Sen. Feinstein
01-06-2013, 11:51 AM
Quote:Cpl. Joshua Bolton, from what is discoverable on the Internet, is a former U.S. Marine, deployed to Afghanistan from 2004 to 2012. We know this because Cpl. Bolton, from wherever it is he writes his letters, wrote one to Senator Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) in protest of her effort to get assault weapons once again banned, a push that was started after the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting on December 14, 2012.

On December 22, 2012, Cpl. Bolton wrote the following letter titled “No ma’am” and posted on his newly-created (as of 12.21.12) profile at CNNiReport under his screenname, joshdb50. CNNiReport is a community interactive reporting site hosted by CNN; when Bolton’s letter was uploaded, they ran it. Given its clear contribution to the stance of Side 1, it went viral (Side 1 is a very active side). The letter in its entirety, without corrections, is as follows:

Senator Dianne Feinstein,

I will not register my weapons should this bill be passed, as I do not believe it is the government’s right to know what I own. Nor do I think it prudent to tell you what I own so that it may be taken from me by a group of people who enjoy armed protection yet decry me having the same a crime. You ma’am have overstepped a line that is not your domain. I am a Marine Corps Veteran of 8 years, and I will not have some woman who proclaims the evil of an inanimate object, yet carries one, tell me I may not have one.

I am not your subject. I am the man who keeps you free. I am not your servant. I am the person whom you serve. I am not your peasant. I am the flesh and blood of America. I am the man who fought for my country. I am the man who learned. I am an American. You will not tell me that I must register my semi-automatic AR-15 because of the actions of some evil man.

I will not be disarmed to suit the fear that has been established by the media and your misinformation campaign against the American public.

We, the people, deserve better than you.

Respectfully Submitted,
Joshua Boston
Cpl, United States Marine Corps
2004-2012

Conservatives, Tea Partiers, the NRA, general gun lovers, and government conspiracists who insist, against logic, that everyone is trying to confiscate ALL their guns (read: Top 10 Things Gun Lovers DON’T Need To Fear) are gleefully sharing joshdb50’s missive (Glenn Becks’s site The Blaze, suggested their readers “share it with others”). They’re thrilled by his message and the aggressive tone he takes with Feinstein, certainly not a popular figure on the Right (if I was a Side 1’er, I’d probably feel the same).

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2013/01/05/...t-weapons/

Go to the article to read the line by line response to this letter. Great info on how to reply to the RWNJs in your life who read (and possibly write) letters like this and agree with them.

"I give thanks for this perfect day. Miracle will follow miracle and wonders will never cease."

"With all the worldwide mass extinctions occurring, dare we hope republicans are among them?"
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply Return to top

Messages In This Thread
[*]
01-06-2013, 01:34 PM
I don't get why they don't want to register the guns. I on the other hand will not turn any of them in. I'm not sure what good registering them will do to save lives.
01-06-2013, 05:23 PM (This post was last modified: 01-06-2013 05:24 PM by cannae1.)
RE: A Letter from a Marine to Sen. Feinstein
The answer is simple:

Corporal, it is your duty to comply with the law. I expect you to do so.
If you violate the law, I expect the authorities to do their duty.

signed, Feinstein.
01-06-2013, 05:52 PM
This person sounds like a member of the "sovereign citizen" movement.

Briefly from the WIKI article on the movement:

Quote:Self-described sovereign citizens take the position that they are answerable only to natural law and are not subject to any statutes or proceedings at the federal, states or municipal levels, or that they do not recognize U.S. currency and that they are "free of any legal constraints".

Basically they seem to be extreme objectivists.

GOTV in 2014
01-06-2013, 09:20 PM
Yeah, all this swaggering is to be ignored and reason has to take hold.

Did you know that mass shootings have increased decade to decade exponentially since the 1990's? This does assume that the trend of the 1st 3 years of this decade continues. Even if it doesn't continue at an exponential rate, the trend is NOT good.

[Image: JkLYp.png]

Go here and check out the timeline.

[Image: eO87e.png]

Information is power.

Confirmed, Fox "news" makes you stupid

The ones you are noticing are more terrified than anything else. They are lashing out because they are comfortable; and to acknowledge what is happening is a threat to that comfort. Ignore them, for they are not the voices that will rise in the coming days, months and years. They are not the voices of our collected humanity. They are the old voices of fear and impotence. - Anonymous
01-07-2013, 10:24 AM (This post was last modified: 01-07-2013 10:32 AM by 72ptheriot.)
I'm also not hearing anything about the drugs these guys were on. I would be willing to bet the increase of these mental drugs prescriptions are on par with the increase in shootings.

Also the ban was lifted around that time. There are no reason for ten plus mags. If it takes that many shots to hit something maybe you should find another sport like table tennis.
01-07-2013, 08:17 PM
I'm tired of people on the right and their military members thinking they have some sort of patriotic superiority! This guy's opinion is no more important or no less important than mine is or anybody else's is! Just because he's a "Marine Corps Veteran of 8 years" doesn't make him an expert on this subject.

If a liberal "Marine Corps Veteran of 8 years" wrote a letter in support of gun regulations would it get as much respect and reverence as this one? Highly doubtful!

I'd like to ask this Cpl Joshua Boston
 what part of "well regulated" as stated in the 2nd amendment does he not understand?

"Understand that the more deeply you hold your ideals,
the more you are morally obligated to be pragmatic...Idealism without pragmatism
is just a way to flatter your ego." -Barney Frank
01-08-2013, 07:20 AM
I have no idea why these RW idiots think that the rules don't apply to them. Rolleyes
01-08-2013, 07:51 AM
Yeah, well I AM a Marine.

Enlisted in '70 got out in '73. And here is what I think

28th Amendment to the Constitution:
The Second Amendment shall not interpreted to apply to weapons with one or
more of its constituent parts designed or patented after 1900.

Evidence of a mis-spent youth: I coulda been chasing women.
01-08-2013, 09:32 AM
(01-08-2013 07:51 AM)DerFarm Wrote:  Yeah, well I AM a Marine.

Enlisted in '70 got out in '73. And here is what I think

28th Amendment to the Constitution:
The Second Amendment shall not interpreted to apply to weapons with one or
more of its constituent parts designed or patented after 1900.

I think I could get behind that amendment but I doubt we could get the legislatures of 38 states, 66 Senators and 290 Representatives to agree. I think an easier path for today's political atmosphere is for a definitive ruling from SCOTUS on the 2nd amendment. After we life for a generation or two with a stricter interpretation of the 2nd then a further amendment would have a better chance or even be totally unnecessary.

GOTV in 2014
01-08-2013, 05:48 PM
I wonder if Glenn Beck will post this on his fake "news" website or if the teabaggers will email this to each other? Somehow I doubt it!

Former Gen. Stanley McChrystal, who led the war in Afghanistan, endorsed strong gun control laws Tuesday on Morning Joe.

“I spent a career carrying typically either an M16 or an M4 Carbine. An M4 Carbine fires a .223 caliber round which is 5.56 mm at about 3000 feet per second. When it hits a human body, the effects are devastating. It’s designed for that,” McChrystal explained. “That’s what our soldiers ought to carry. I personally don’t think there’s any need for that kind of weaponry on the streets and particularly around the schools in America.

The AR-15, the civilian version of an M-16 or M-4, has been the weapon of choice in many recent mass shootings —both Adam Lanza and James Holmes used them in Newtown and Aurora, respectively. Since Lanza massacred 20 young children in Newtown, Connecticut, gun control has returned to DC’s front-burner and the president has called for strict gun control measures.

“We’ve got to take a serious look—I understand everyone’s desire to have whatever they want—but we’ve got to protect our children, we’ve got to protect our police, we’ve got to protect our population,” McChrystal said. “Serious action is necessary. Sometimes we talk about very limited actions on the edges and I just don’t think that’s enough.
Gen. McChrystal: Assault rifles are for battlefields, not schools

"Understand that the more deeply you hold your ideals,
the more you are morally obligated to be pragmatic...Idealism without pragmatism
is just a way to flatter your ego." -Barney Frank
01-08-2013, 10:43 PM
Quote:I am not your subject. I am the man who keeps you free. I am not your servant. I am the person whom you serve. I am not your peasant. I am the flesh and blood of America. I am the man who fought for my country. I am the man who learned. I am an American. You will not tell me that I must register my semi-automatic AR-15 because of the actions of some evil man.

I think Joshua Bolton is a pretty cool guy. Eh kills people, breaks the law and doesn't afraid of anything. roflmao
01-08-2013, 11:30 PM
Yeah, if that was a real letter from a real Marine, then Ronald Reagan is alive and masquerading as Maxine Waters.

"Believe those who seek the truth. Doubt those who find it."--André Gide
01-09-2013, 12:29 AM
(01-08-2013 11:30 PM)DFW Wrote:  Yeah, if that was a real letter from a real Marine, then Ronald Reagan is alive and masquerading as Maxine Waters.

roflmao Notworthy

Silence is consent.