Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
And it's over the cliff we go!
12-31-2012, 03:15 PM
And it's over the cliff we go!
From NBC News: House aides say there will not be a vote on fiscal cliff package tonight

"I give thanks for this perfect day. Miracle will follow miracle and wonders will never cease."

"With all the worldwide mass extinctions occurring, dare we hope republicans are among them?"
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply Return to top

Messages In This Thread
And it's over the cliff we go! #1 - azmouse - 12-31-2012, 03:15 PM
RE: And it's over the cliff we go! #3 - Myra - 12-31-2012, 04:00 PM
RE: And it's over the cliff we go! #4 - janedrake - 12-31-2012, 04:03 PM
RE: And it's over the cliff we go! #6 - pappy - 12-31-2012, 04:06 PM
RE: And it's over the cliff we go! #5 - pappy - 12-31-2012, 04:04 PM
The Elephant in the Room #10 - pappy - 01-01-2013, 06:40 AM
RE: And it's over the cliff we go! #13 - azmouse - 01-01-2013, 10:54 AM
The Elephant in the Room II #14 - pappy - 01-01-2013, 11:40 AM
Hopeful sign via twitter #15 - pappy - 01-01-2013, 11:42 AM
RE: And it's over the cliff we go! #16 - suzie - 01-01-2013, 01:23 PM
[*]
12-31-2012, 03:36 PM
RE: And it's over the cliff we go!
Ass hole Republicans.

Confirmed, Fox "news" makes you stupid

The ones you are noticing are more terrified than anything else. They are lashing out because they are comfortable; and to acknowledge what is happening is a threat to that comfort. Ignore them, for they are not the voices that will rise in the coming days, months and years. They are not the voices of our collected humanity. They are the old voices of fear and impotence. - Anonymous
12-31-2012, 04:00 PM
The do nothing political party of Sen. John McCain ... Facepalm
12-31-2012, 04:03 PM (This post was last modified: 12-31-2012 04:04 PM by janedrake.)
It's been a slow burn, but today's the day I finally make it official -- I really don't care for Luke Russert as a pundit. First, I listened to his uninterrupted Rick-Santelli-style two-minute-or-so rant on MSNBC's The Cycle earlier today, in which he went on and on with a "both sides are to blame" nonsensical argument, and now this tweet:

[Image: lukerussert_cliff_zps96c34b2e.jpg]

Out of everything he could have highlighted, this kind of dumbery is what he chose.

This entire episode is the House's fault. This entire "cliff/debt ceiling/sequester" nonsense is the brainchild of House and Senate Republicans.

As for the bill that the House "don't have" -- they've blocked a bill since July 2012 that would have prevented this ginned-up crisis and lowered taxes on everyone except for the likes of their precious Kochs and Adelsons.

Russert's tweet makes it official for me -- the man comes across as an idiot.
12-31-2012, 04:06 PM
(12-31-2012 04:03 PM)janedrake Wrote:  It's been a slow burn, but today's the day I finally make it official -- I really don't care for Luke Russert as a pundit. First, I listened to his uninterrupted Rick-Santelli-style two-minute-or-so rant on MSNBC's The Cycle earlier today, in which he went on and on with a "both sides are to blame" nonsensical argument, and now this tweet:

[Image: lukerussert_cliff_zps96c34b2e.jpg]

Out of everything he could have highlighted, this kind of dumbery is what he chose.

This entire episode is the House's fault. This entire "cliff/debt ceiling/sequester" nonsense is the brainchild of House and Senate Republicans.

As for the bill that the House "don't have" -- they've blocked a bill since July 2012 that would have prevented this ginned-up crisis and lowered taxes on everyone except for the likes of their precious Kochs and Adelsons.

Russert's tweet makes it official for me -- the man comes across as an idiot.

I don't have an official dumbfuckery stamp but if I did I'd ink it up and stamp it on his forehead.

GOTV in 2014
12-31-2012, 04:04 PM
I hope I packed my parachute correctly.

GOTV in 2014
12-31-2012, 05:19 PM
Just heard the news. I'm not shocked. The republicants once show that their hatred of PBO and the 99% is all they act on. The people be damned! Nono

Now, they get to vote on tax cuts later on to show that they've something. Rolleyes
12-31-2012, 08:44 PM
Not so fast ... Cliffmas is on hold. Biden at The Hill. Deal has been reached. Now we'll see how the GOP will F-it-up. Wave

Stay tuned ...

Oh, and Happy New Year DFP!!

I was born a Truman, but you can call me Pat. Wave

"They want to give people like me a two hundred thousand dollar tax cut that’s paid for by asking thirty three seniors to each pay six thousand dollars more in health costs? That’s not right, and it’s not going to happen as long as I’m President." Barack Obama
01-01-2013, 04:56 AM
Senate approved the bill 89-8.

Tuesday, it goes to the House.

God help us all!

Silence is consent.
01-01-2013, 06:40 AM
The Elephant in the Room
Constitutionally all revenue measures must originate in the house.

Now call me a skeptic or worse a conspiracy nut but I cannot shake the feeling that the Republicans have something up their sleeve. It would not surprise me to learn that a group of the extremists on the right take this "deal" (if passed by the house) to the SCOTUS to seek a ruling of unconstitutionality.

GOTV in 2014
01-01-2013, 10:16 AM
Re: And it's over the cliff we go!
For real.*Boehner/Tea Party facepalm*
01-01-2013, 10:19 AM
Re: And it's over the cliff we go!
Unfortunately, that doesn't sound THAT paranoid or crazy. You never know what to expect from Boehner, Cantor, et. al
01-01-2013, 10:54 AM
(01-01-2013 10:19 AM)godlesszombie Wrote:  Unfortunately, that doesn't sound THAT paranoid or crazy. You never know what to expect from Boehner, Cantor, et. al

Yep. Even though it appears some deal has been reached, it's not really over until a vote is taken. I'll wait to see what the crazies in the House do.

Welcome to DFP. I like your screen name. Smile

"I give thanks for this perfect day. Miracle will follow miracle and wonders will never cease."

"With all the worldwide mass extinctions occurring, dare we hope republicans are among them?"
01-01-2013, 11:40 AM
The Elephant in the Room II
My concerns are somewhat relieved because the Senate actually amended HR 8 and sent it back to the House which is what they will be voting on. Technically it would then pass constitutional muster.

BUT

This is still a Teapublican dominated House and I fully expect amendments and objections to be made. I think it a strong possibility that they will make amendments to several aspects that would kill the deal when it goes back to the Senate.

One big thing I expect them to try to modify is the $400/$450 thousand tax threshold. If they amend it up nearer to the $1 Million mark the deal is dead. If they amend the percentage down by any amount I think it is dead.

On the Democratic side I think it is possible some will try to extend the sequester time limit out to 6 or 12 months. At 6 months it might still pass the Senate but at 12 I think it is dead although I don't see 12 months getting through the House anyway.

GOTV in 2014
01-01-2013, 11:42 AM
Hopeful sign via twitter
Quote:michael viqueira ‏@mikeviqueira

Seen at the White House: Golf clubs loaded into van on West Executive drive

GOTV in 2014
01-01-2013, 01:23 PM
While a lot of others bash politicians relentlessly, I've always found it interesting to watch them make changes in their attitudes, their stances as public opinion changes. At the local level, you see the City Council/County Commissioners vote YES on some unnecessary project only to discover that 300 people have packed the chambers to protest at the next meeting. Suddenly, they relent and change their votes and the project gets shelved or changed substantially.

You see Obama making the change in his stance on gay marriage over the past year.

But, the Tea Partiers are not politicians, they're simply ideologues who managed to get elected in a strange year and care little for what their constituents think or want. They don't want to participate in politics, they want to draw their really nice Congressional salaries, enjoy all the perks and spout their ideology.

If Republicans were wise, they'd ungerrymander the whole lot of them and let them go the way of those who usually don't pay attention to the electorate--back to being just one more voter.
01-01-2013, 06:41 PM
Looks like the a-holes are trying to add spending cuts to the bill.

The ones you are noticing are more terrified than anything else. They are lashing out because they are comfortable; and to acknowledge what is happening is a threat to that comfort. Ignore them, for they are not the voices that will rise in the coming days, months and years. They are not the voices of our collected humanity. They are the old voices of fear and impotence. - Anonymous
01-01-2013, 07:03 PM
(01-01-2013 06:41 PM)There Is No Spoon Wrote:  Looks like the a-holes are trying to add spending cuts to the bill.

And now the Returds appear to have caved and will vote for the Senate bill.