Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is The Party Over For The Tea Party?
12-31-2012, 02:19 PM
Is The Party Over For The Tea Party?
http://www.npr.org/blogs/itsallpolitics/...n=20121231

From the article:
Quote:It's a little bit early, but the Tea Party is hitting its sophomore slump.

A few of the prominent members of Congress elected as part of the Tea Party wave in 2010 lost their seats in November. With the end-of-year budget negotiations going nowhere, the Tea Party has been described variously as standing on the sidelines and losing its clout.

"We could end up with taxes going up for everybody and Republicans getting the blame, which from the standpoint of the Tea Party is the worst of all possible outcomes," says Jack Pitney, a government professor at Claremont McKenna College in California.

One group closely aligned with the Tea Party, FreedomWorks, suffered a near-meltdown this summer, with a power struggle leading to the ouster of its chair, Dick Armey, a former House majority leader.

I'd like to think so. As history has shown, the RW extremists will just go quiet for awhile, until the next time.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply Return to top

Messages In This Thread
[*]
01-02-2013, 09:55 AM
RE: Is The Party Over For The Tea Party?
The name may disappear; but, the faction will remain. I rate this faction as 10 to 15% of the electorate. Their power mostly comes their concentration on the South.
01-02-2013, 03:41 PM
But there is a very real demographic change underway, which makes it a little different this time. They were able to gin up membership with their dog whistles. That's now working against them.

They will go quiet, as they have done before. But unless they figure out how to appeal to a broader demographic I don't see them coming back as easily.

Also I think we have outgrown some of their tactics. Do you see anyone getting Swiftboat Liared ever again? I'm not so sure that will work.

Voter suppression was an abject failure, serving only to motivate our base.

Something will have to fill the void. I suppose it could end up being something even worse. Now there's a scary thought.
01-03-2013, 09:20 AM
velleity - all true. especially, they will go quiet.

This faction has a strong geographic base - the South, and to a lesser degree, much of the west - and the younger folks have to move away from the political views of their parents and grandparents. Maybe some will.

Maybe immigration will be the next trigger. It could be just about anything as those RW types have a lot of free floating hostility.
01-05-2013, 08:48 AM
As Angry White Males are losing out as the predominant voting bloc in this nation, so will the phony Teabagger Party lose any influence.

The Republican Party is now a party mostly White, rural, and Southern in nature. Within one generation they will be a permanent minority political party in this nation unless they can radically change their direction, message, and membership.

But the White Money that controls that party needs to die off first, taking their racist, anti-worker, anti-woman, anti-intellectual base with them.

[Image: DFP_logo.PNG] "This Is A Big Fuckin' Deal."