Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Conservatives Invoke NAACP Case In Fight For Secret Donors
12-30-2012, 08:37 AM
http://www.npr.org/blogs/itsallpolitics/...ret-donors

From the article:
Quote:Here's a question: What do Republican uber-strategist Karl Rove and civil rights icon Rosa Parks have in common?

The answer: A landmark Supreme Court ruling from 1958 protecting the First Amendment rights of dissident groups.

The case is rooted in the Montgomery bus boycott initiated by Parks in 1955. And it's likely to loom large in 2013 as Rove and other conservatives demand continued secrecy for the new class of million-dollar political donors.

Talk about unmitigated gall! Rolleyes They invoke hypocrisy, false equivalence, and pure hubris in their fight to subvert the political process. However, to cite the battles of the Civil Rights Era and put pampered millionaires at the same level as civil rights workers is a new low, even for them.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply Return to top

Messages In This Thread
[*]
12-30-2012, 08:49 AM
RE: Conservatives Invoke NAACP Case In Fight For Secret Donors
I have this image of pampered Wall Street millionaire capitalists marching arm in arm to the Capital Building and the White House to confront the likes of President Obama and Senator Elizabeth Warren while singing "We Shall Overcome". I am at a loss as to who might give the equivalent of the "I Have a Dream" speech however.

GOTV in 2014
12-30-2012, 10:58 AM
Funny Pappy but the way I picture it their assistant marching for them while they check their stocks on their golden incased iPads in the back ground.