Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
Another one for the 'schadenfreude' file-The GOP’s Five Greatest 2012 Disappointments
12-29-2012, 01:17 PM
Another one for the 'schadenfreude' file-The GOP’s Five Greatest 2012 Disappointments
http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2012/...s-2012.php

(Yes, I know I'm a Dem for Progress -- and that this reveling is unseemly -- but just give me until the end of this year to celebrate in all ways possible the trouncing of the utter GOP nonsense we had to endure for the better part of 2012!)

Number three on the list is my favorite:

Quote:3. Obamacare Upheld

On June 28, the Supreme Court broke Republicans’ hearts when it refused to strike down Obama’s signature legislative achievement.

It came at a time when Republican leaders were openly preparing for victory in quashing the Affordable Care Act. Even more depressing: the deciding vote in the 5-4 ruling came from one-time conservative hero, Chief Justice John Roberts, whose vote the right had mostly taken for granted. It left conservatives flummoxed and eager to understand his betrayal.

Now their only hope for repealing Obamacare was to defeat Obama.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply Return to top

Messages In This Thread
[*]
12-29-2012, 05:35 PM
RE: Another one for the 'schadenfreude' file-The GOP’s Five Greatest 2012 Disappointments
I like #2 myself. Shows they were full of #2 when they had that incredibly weak field of candidates. Badidea

Laughing2
12-30-2012, 03:09 AM
Thanks for the enjoyable read
I am not above a bit of Schadenfreude Dancing myself!

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it's the only thing that ever does. ~Margaret Mead~