Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Quote of the Day: George Bailey
12-25-2012, 10:27 AM
Quote of the Day: George Bailey
Yep, George from It's a Wonderful Life. He says it better than anyone else.

"You, you said that they — What’d you say just a minute ago? They had to wait and save their money before they even thought of a decent home. Wait? Wait for what?! Until their children grow up and leave them? Until they’re so old and broken-down that — You know how long it takes a workin’ man to save five thousand dollars? Just remember this, Mr. Potter, that this rabble you’re talking about, they do most of the working and paying and living and dying in this community. Well, is it too much to have them work and pay and live and die in a couple of decent rooms and a bath? Anyway, my father didn’t think so. People were human beings to him, but to you, a warped, frustrated old man, they’re cattle. Well, in my book he died a much richer man than you’ll ever be."

Amen, George. Amen.

"I give thanks for this perfect day. Miracle will follow miracle and wonders will never cease."

There's nothing more reassuring then realizing the world is crazier than you are.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply Return to top

Messages In This Thread
Quote of the Day: George Bailey #1 - azmouse - 12-25-2012, 10:27 AM
[*]
12-25-2012, 11:27 AM
RE: Quote of the Day: George Bailey
I watched it last night on NBC. Such a timeless movie and the quote above is as true today as it was then! Merry Christmas!

I was born a Truman, but you can call me Pat. Wave

"They want to give people like me a two hundred thousand dollar tax cut that’s paid for by asking thirty three seniors to each pay six thousand dollars more in health costs? That’s not right, and it’s not going to happen as long as I’m President." Barack Obama
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply Return to top