Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Willard never really wanted to be president?
12-23-2012, 01:53 PM
Willard never really wanted to be president?
Quote:The new meme to come out of the Romney family is that Mitt never wanted to be President anyway, so fug you America! I guess it wasn’t “his turn” after all.

Yes, Tagg Romney told the Boston Globe that Mitt never wanted to president. He only ran for 6 years because he couldn’t find anyone as perfect as Himself to run. The brutal Republican primaries notwithstanding, we are to believe Romney never wanted it. It was, we’re told, Romney’s love of God and country that made him run.

“He wanted to be president less than anyone I’ve met in my life. He had no desire to . . . run,” said Tagg, who worked with his mother, Ann, to persuade his father to seek the presidency. “If he could have found someone else to take his place . . . he would have been ecstatic to step aside. He is a very private person who loves his family deeply and wants to be with them, but he has deep faith in God and he loves his country, but he doesn’t love the attention.”

Well, that explains so much. I mean, remember when Mitt threw a fit because the crowd loved Ryan more than him?

http://www.politicususa.com/tagg-claims-...ident.html

[Image: sourgrapes.jpg]

"I give thanks for this perfect day. Miracle will follow miracle and wonders will never cease."

“Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.”
― Carl Sagan
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply Return to top

Messages In This Thread
[*]
12-23-2012, 02:17 PM
RE: Willard never really wanted to be president?
Just another act of selfless service by Mittens. Wow.

Walter Rhett writes about power: its worst and best cases, its hidden relationships; the strategies, paradoxes, and personal and social scorecard of its pursuit as the prize.
12-23-2012, 08:49 PM
Huh?
He ran for POTUS for, what, 6 years? That doesn't smack (to me) of somebody who "didn't really want" the job IMHO. If he didn't really want the job, he just wasted a whole lot of time, energy, and money that would've probably have been better spent on his family, grandchildren, charity work, or something more productive. I don't believe it for a minute. He wanted the job and he and his wife told us that it was "his turn" to be POTUS. What's scary is that he got 47% of the PV and 206 EV and he now says that he didn't really want the job. He and his family just need to go away and stop opening their mouths.............

"You never know how strong you are until being strong is your only choice"
12-23-2012, 11:13 PM (This post was last modified: 12-23-2012 11:14 PM by Willinois.)
Tagg wants to believe his dad is just like George Washington, the reluctant servant. I don't think anyone else will deify Mitt the same way.

It would be easier to believe Mitt was mostly interested not so much for the job but to one-up his own father, like McCain, Gore, and Bush.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-24-2012, 05:30 AM
(12-23-2012 11:13 PM)Willinois Wrote:  Tagg wants to believe his dad is just like George Washington, the reluctant servant. I don't think anyone else will deify Mitt the same way.

It would be easier to believe Mitt was mostly interested not so much for the job but to one-up his own father, like McCain, Gore, and Bush.

Well he was interested in those things but his main interest may have been to rape the economy the way he did to all the companies Bain took over.

His standard then was how to make the maximum profit regardless of the consequences to the company, the creditors or the employees. He probably had that in mind for the country as well. How can I use the Presidency to maximize profits for myself and my people.

No Justice? No Peace!
12-24-2012, 08:43 AM
Really? That's really overly self-indulgent, even for Willard. Rolleyes He worked very hard and long to get a job that he'd have to take a severe paycut for. The more accurate statement would be that Willard would NEVER become president.