Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Obama is Determined to Give Republicans What They Deserve on the Fiscal Cliff
12-23-2012, 01:24 PM
Quote:Politico is the second non-liberal outlet in the last two days to report that President Obama is taking a hard line with House Republicans on the fiscal cliff. Yesterday, The Wall Street Journal reported that the president told Speaker Boehner that he would get nothing in the fiscal cliff negotiations. After Boehner’s Plan B imploded, the president spoke to the media and reduced his offer to the Republicans.

Many on the left jumped the gun and accused Obama of caving based on their own fears and media accounts that were sourced to House Republicans.

Obama is willing to compromise, but there is a difference between a compromise and a cave. In compromise, you give something to get something. A cave occurs when one side gives the other everything it wants. An example of a cave occurred almost one year ago today when House Republicans gave Obama everything he wanted by extending the payroll tax cut.
<...>

Obama is going to be the one to determine if Republicans get anything at all.

Based on their current behavior House Republicans have earned nothing, which is exactly what the president is offering them.

http://www.politicususa.com/obama-determ...cliff.html

It's gonna be an interesting few weeks ahead. I'm looking forward to the Republicans caving in and the Obama-hating extreme left having to shut their mouths for once on this issue.

"I give thanks for this perfect day. Miracle will follow miracle and wonders will never cease."

"With all the worldwide mass extinctions occurring, dare we hope republicans are among them?"
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply Return to top

Messages In This Thread
[*]
12-23-2012, 03:10 PM
RE: Obama is Determined to Give Republicans What They Deserve on the Fiscal Cliff
Bonehead looked pretty weak when his Plan B got shot down by (not so) friendly fire.

The danger, of course, is that he makes a strategic retreat by resigning as speaker, and letting the Republicans install a radical teabagger in his place. After the teabagger speaker makes a fool of himself, he either makes a comeback, or at least takes over after the midterms as minority leader.

Obama only has to let the entire Bush tax cut package expire and then re-introduce them for people earning under $250,000. Who would vote against that? Game, set and match.

"Believe those who seek the truth. Doubt those who find it."--André Gide
12-24-2012, 02:48 AM
It is a brilliant article
... with many great quotes in it.

Hekate

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it's the only thing that ever does. ~Margaret Mead~
12-26-2012, 10:14 PM
Re: Obama takes a hard line
[Image: willywonka.jpg]

"I'm not a member of any organized party. I'm a Democrat." -Will Rogers
12-26-2012, 10:29 PM
I think you will see people's taxes go up for the ones making sixty thousand and up. I don't see how we can pay for everything and only go up on the top two or so percent. The money won't even run the government for a month. We need to find more ways to raise money.
12-26-2012, 10:51 PM
RE: Obama is Determined to Give Republicans What They Deserve on the Fiscal Cliff
We can save many MANY billions by cutting the fat off of health care costs. Operations, hospitalizations and some medications cost three and more times as much as they do in Europe for exactly the same care. The Medical industry will fight it tooth and nail as will the health insurance industry, but they have pocketed an obscene fortune off the backs of the rest of us for decades now. That could and should stop.

"Believe those who seek the truth. Doubt those who find it."--André Gide
12-27-2012, 07:29 AM
We need to cut our military budget also.